Lack of interest in racing

:unsure: OK Guys This is a club for Sports cars, frankly all I hear is wingeing and a total lack of interest in anything sporting. Except the current cover of TRAction which is frankly tastless to the extreme. I think I can understand the drop in membership. It's called total apathy!

I have known the Old Farts for over 30 years - yes you know who I am. I want to go racing - the kids have grown up, freedom at last. But where is the support ?

There is no Championship - that's been buggered by allowing overmodification. Hillclimbs and Sprints will no doubt go the same way. Met a seriously p...d off member of the TSSC tonight. Read his comments on the TSSC forum if you dare. :angry:

Greetings Mrs V8 Lady,

the general term 'racing' could be used for all the motor sport sections in the register.

Therefore the racing fraternity need to get their act together. The register is not there to support all your needs and if they support some of your needs then others will join the queue for support - where does it stop.

If support is a bit thin on the ground from the money front, bodies, spectator etc. why not think laterally.

Somebody mentioned on another thread about asking the register to form a sub-committe for the racer boys.

They could organise the raising of financial and personnel support.

You will understand fairly quickly how hard this will be and how many people want support you will become most unpopular vey quickly.

I help with a fairly success Scout group and we have to raise all our own money. We do this by holding stalls and things

at fetes etc. OK this is small beer. But, there are people and organisations out there who give money away.

You could get your car involved with youth movements - local councils give money for this.

If your youth is multi-cultural you could get more money. It's bloody hard work.

You need to be organised and your actions planned. You need bodies.

Why not do a mail shot of all the group leaders to see who is in terested and what benefit (both ways) is out there.

The normal member is not a whinger, he may complain because he is not aware.

Treat him kindly he may be a friend.

Roger

Is there ment:

Support of an individual car or support of a championship?

Keeping a championship is a great thing for Triumph racers.....and there are lots of them in the UK.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

V8 Lady, Ma'am, All,

If you have been on the TSSC site, you may know that the CSCC has opened its arms to the raggle-taggle army that used to be the TRR/TSSC Race series. There may be some deserters - who can blame anyone who abandons such an absolute shower? - but there will be several racing in the CSCC series-es next year, if only to huddle together for mutual warmth and support.

The CSCC has a long standing "Singing 60s" series and in 2007 successfully started another, "Future Classics" for which they are keen to recruit. The latter series may suit the TR8s, as this year it featured Jag XJs and BMW M3s. The Spitfires may find room among the Swingers, but it is a popular and oversubscribed series, so they may form a 'second grid' in the FC races.

Apart from the gentlemen racers who deserted the series before it folded, this may be in future where Triumphs roam, so anyone who does want to get into racing, that's the place to go. It looks as though the regs will be somewhat stricter on modifications, especially engines, so care there before you buy that Cosworth engine!

John

We've seen just how quick some of the young blades can be in TR sprinting and hillclimbing, maybe it's time we gave them a helping hand into racing . . . they're the ones who'll put the sporting Triumphs back to where they once belonged.

Ironic, that the newest recruits to TR hill climbing have been excluded, as they don't drive TRs but GT6s.

See another thread - sorry, no time to find it.

John

Ironic, that the newest recruits to TR hill climbing have been excluded, as they don't drive TRs but GT6s.

See another thread - sorry, no time to find it.

John

Hi John and other interested parties.

I am afraid your information is wrong concerning the Sprint and Hillclimb Championship.

If you read the Regulations you would see that any cars from the TSSC are welcome to participate in Class 4.

Anyone wanting the necessary joining documents should contact me via e-mail.

Regards to you all.

Roger McEwen

To support UK racing I'm thinking about to share the invitation to Brands Hatch next year and have fun on the GP version of that track. Told my wife that my son needs some english lessons. He is 11 years old and I hope he is forced to speak english over there.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx
To support UK racing I'm thinking about to share the invitation to Brands Hatch next year and have fun on the GP version of that track. Told my wife that my son needs some english lessons. He is 11 years old and I hope he is forced to speak english over there.

Cheers

Chris

What meeting is this for? Club / date? Never done the Brands GP track (Indy stacks of times).

Jelly

Jon,

it's together with the "swinging sixties"

I don't have the dates.....yet.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, the CSCC Swinging Sixties 2008 fixture list is on thier site at: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/Cale...ry%20Forms.html

It inlcudes BH Indy cirucit, but no GP.

John

Chris, the CSCC Swinging Sixties 2008 fixture list is on thier site at: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/Cale...ry%20Forms.html

It inlcudes BH Indy cirucit, but no GP.

John

Hmmm CSCC race do cost a fair bit - can't be doing with all that arsing about shagging the engine for 30 min practice - total waste of time, and parts, 40 min race sounds ok as RACING IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS;).

Hmmm CSCC race do cost a fair bit - can't be doing with all that arsing about shagging the engine for 30 min practice - total waste of time, and parts, 40 min race sounds ok as RACING IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS;).

Snetterton April 5/6th 2008 must be a target date for me to get my car finished and on the road........only a short drive away.

Three TR's 4, 5 & 6 on the grid with Mark Campbell leading the pack home in a TR5 last year..... anyone know if they will be competing this year?

john

Snetterton April 5/6th 2008 must be a target date for me to get my car finished and on the road........only a short drive away.

Three TR's 4, 5 & 6 on the grid with Mark Campbell leading the pack home in a TR5 last year..... anyone know if they will be competing this year?

john

Are you racing or Spectating?

Think the 4 might have been Mike H's for a late season run out, not sure on the 6 (maybe Keith Files if a Red one or Juila Gamage if Green - http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/Swin...60sGallery.html, maybe even Hendo if Silver;)). Mark C is BLOODY Fast from looking at his times. Car is the old Joe Henderson 5 that Chris Petch Smash up alot! (Presumed rechassised now), think full Penske dampers and a killer engine, never met Mark but would be fun to race him one day.

I'll just be doing the Thoroughbred series I think. www.thoroughbredsportscars.com, in my 4 and fathers 6.

Jon

Are you racing or Spectating?

Think the 4 might have been Mike H's for a late season run out, not sure on the 6 (maybe Keith Files if a Red one or Juila Gamage if Green - http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/Swin...60sGallery.html, maybe even Hendo if Silver;)). Mark C is BLOODY Fast from looking at his times. Car is the old Joe Henderson 5 that Chris Petch Smash up alot! (Presumed rechassised now), think full Penske dampers and a killer engine, never met Mark but would be fun to race him one day.

I'll just be doing the Thoroughbred series I think. www.thoroughbredsportscars.com, in my 4 and fathers 6.

Jon

Just spectating Jon..... I used to go regularly in the 60/70's but have not watched anything recently.....nice to be able to see some TR's in action and hopefully put some miles on my 250.

It was Alan Charlton (TR6) and Kev Hadfield(TR4)..... doing well against a very mixed grid, don't know if they made it through the season? maybe there'll be a few more in the car park too?!

john

Just spectating Jon..... I used to go regularly in the 60/70's but have not watched anything recently.....nice to be able to see some TR's in action and hopefully put some miles on my 250.

It was Alan Charlton (TR6) and Kev Hadfield(TR4)..... doing well against a very mixed grid, don't know if they made it through the season? maybe there'll be a few more in the car park too?!

john

Here's one with me lined up behind Alan at our last race (bloody head gasket was starting to go I think in practice, as a normally never grid behind the Griff.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3438397536478116254

Hope Hendo is out next year as added a few mods that will hopefully see us challenging him!

Say Hi, if at any Thoroughbred Races (might have the White 4 depending on the track - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1469841583459902993).

Here's one with me lined up behind Alan at our last race (bloody head gasket was starting to go I think in practice, as a normally never grid behind the Griff.

Hope Hendo is out next year as added a few mods that will hopefully see us challenging him!

Say Hi, if at any Thoroughbred Races (might have the White 4 depending on the track - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1469841583459902993).

exellent vidio clip,got any more.ever done Mondello park or the pheinox park in Dublin.

Great video, pity you couldn't complete the race....hope to see you in '08

john

ThoroughbredSportcar rounds for 08 (Best place to see TR's racing next year):-

2008 Calender is now confirmed as follows:

24.03.08 Donington MGCC

26/27.04.08 Brands CSCC

17.05.08 Oulton Int MGCC

15.06.08 Silverstone Int MGCC

05/06.07.08 Cadwell - Double Header 750MC

19/20.07.08 Donington 750MC

02.08.08 Silverstone BDC

07.09.08 Brands MGCC

04/05.10.08 Snetterton MGCC

Not raced in Ireland - would like to do Mondello from what i have seen of it would suit my 4.

Loads of Videos of the 4 and the 6. If you fancy getting the links PM me.

Will be out in the 4 and 6 next year.

Cheers

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HOLD THE DIARY - ENTER LATE MAY BANK HOLIDAY TRIUMPHS RACING IN QUANTITY AT MALLORY PARK. :lol::lol:

Mark Field has taken the baton and gone for it. What a meeting this is going to be. Rumours abound but WATCH THIS SPACE !! :P

http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/jigsawrace.htm

Could be an excellent excuse to PARTY !

Edited by V8 Lady

Could be really interesting, but given that almost all Triumph models are eligible, including Standard 8 & 10 (and presumably Vanguard, Ensign, etc.?), why are TR7/8s excluded? I wonder if the Acclaim is eligible.

Unfortunately, with such a wide performance range (both cars and drivers), most of the die-hard experienced racers will probably not risk it. If it gets the entries, it would certainly make a great day out.

Edited by BrianC