Are 2 of my old cars still with us ?

Bill,

FLO 40J has never been recorded in the TR Register and isn't a live number on the DVLA database. Do you have any details that I could add to our database?

regards

Derek

saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk

Bill,

FLO 40J has never been recorded in the TR Register and isn't a live number on the DVLA database. Do you have any details that I could add to our database?

regards

Derek

saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk

Hi Derek - The only info I have found so far, is that I bought this car on 28th Jan 1976 from ( I think ) Mr.Dennis who had the address of "The Hoops Inn" Perry Green, Much Hadham, Herts. For the princely sum of £750. I Then sold it sometime in 1977 to Mr.HM Sturt, Manor Farm, Poyle Road,Colnbrook for £550. I saw it again once about 2 years later driving along the A40 with about 3 people sitting in it. It was as mentioned a white original UK car,- built 1970. That's all I know I'm afraid.

• 7 years later...

I owned FLO 40J from new and part exchanged it for £500 for an XJ6 in 1974 when our second child was born (could only fit one carry cot behind the seats!) We made several trips abroad whilst we had it. Having recently retired my interest in classics has been re-ignited with a vengeance and thought i would try and trace it myself that's how I came across your posts. I never joined the Register back then--too young and hare-brained I suppose--but have recently made contact with the Essex Branch and shall be going to their next meting on July 14. I have just had restored a 1966 Mark 3 Sprite which has been in the family since 1968 and have a 1989 Saab 900 turbo convertible which is in good order. I assume poor old FLO 40J is no longer of this world!

I hope I'll be able to post this somehow although I'm not yet a member

Cheers

Peter Wynn

I owned FLO 40J from new and part exchanged it for £500 for an XJ6 in 1974 when our second child was born (could only fit one carry cot behind the seats!) We made several trips abroad whilst we had it. Having recently retired my interest in classics has been re-ignited with a vengeance and thought i would try and trace it myself that's how I came across your posts. I never joined the Register back then--too young and hare-brained I suppose--but have recently made contact with the Essex Branch and shall be going to their next meting on July 14. I have just had restored a 1966 Mark 3 Sprite which has been in the family since 1968 and have a 1989 Saab 900 turbo convertible which is in good order. I assume poor old FLO 40J is no longer of this world!

Cheers

Peter Wynn

Welcome to the forum Peter and good luck with your search. To post in most of the forums you just need a forum account which you clearly have. There is only one forum in the Chat section that is limited to TR Register members.

Stan

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers

Peter Wynn

Hi Peter - wow. How amazing that this post found you the original owner. I've no idea where she has gone and I assume she must have been scrapped.

If I hear anything I'll post it - likewise if you do, please advise

Thank you

best regards

Bill

Does anyone recognise these 2 cars ? - I'd love to know where they are now

I owned the TR5 for 3 months - had to sell, couldn't afford the insurance - that was 1971

I sold the TR6 in 1977 - house deposit

Best/Bill

It doesn't look like I posted the reg No. of the TR5 - it was OCV 325G - a white TR5 from Cornwall

Would appreciate any news on her.

Tks

Bill