Le Mans Classic 2008 - Booking form & FAQ

Really? Exclusively Triumph track laps?

There were at least 200 cars on the session we had last time, lots of Triumphs but far from exclusive.

Nice work, if you can swing it!

And Eli. You may have to look elsewhere than just YouTube - there are several from CLM 2006 on Google Video, including the excellent:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=1

As you will see from that video (at 2:30secs) the rather pedestrian first lap was because someone dumped their car into the very first gravel trap they came to. The pace car was instructed to go easy to allow time for them to be extracted. It WAS better the second time around.

Someone? The Numpty Dumpties?

Although the organisers discreetly hid it behind a modern marshal's car, IT WAS A TR6!

John

Great video

Anyone have any idea how to attach a camcorder to the car, especially hard if you dont have a passenger.

Cheers

Guy

Edit..

There are many sites showing mounts, i will probably modify my tripod.

Edited by Jersey Royal

JR,

DiY or ready made, include a retaining strap, in case it vibrates loose.

You don't want your camera to drop too far, or to have it swinging about near your head.

Stout cord, well tied should do, or large cable ties.

John

Guy a small bracket off your roll bar would be the best with a fitting from a camera tripod adapted to it.

Stuart

Guy a small bracket off your roll bar would be the best with a fitting from a camera tripod adapted to it.

Stuart

Thanks John and Stuart,

Was going to attach a square hollow metal section horizontaly accross the roll bar uprights, and attach this amera mount i found on e bay, for ten squid.

It is designed to fit over the window glass.

Regards

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Guy that looks like it will do the job nicely. Best do a few runs round the island first to see what the actual viewpoint ends up as.

Stuart.

JR - DiY!

Here's a pic of my camera rig, that I've used to take videos from Silverstone to the Nordschleife.

Eg: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm3zBsNHN8g&...feature=related

It's fabricated from 2mm alloy sheet, pop-riveted (I can't weld alloy and rivets are more than strong enough for this application)

Two boxes, one to carry two U-bolts to clamp it to a roll cage member, the other drilled and windowed to take and allow the controls to be used, of a Penatx Optio50. It's really a stills camera, but also takes pretty good video, and with 512Mb chip can record 40 minutes. Lousy sound, but WTH. The camera is fixed into the second box by the standard photographic stand screw.

I think the clever bit is the U/j between them. A dense rubber ball (intended for the end of a boat's sail-control lanyard) is bolted to the camera box on the end of a longish bolt. The clamp box has, fixed to one side, a short piece of square section tube, just bigger than the ball. The tube is slit and has a cross bolt, that when tightened, siezes the ball. The clamp box is fixed in place, the camera adjusted for position and the cross bolt tightened.

Excellent stability, cheap as chips.

John

PS Next time I use it, I'll add a restraint strap between the two boxes. The camera box broke away - the u/j came apart - but was undamaged in the 'Ring crash, and protected the camera from any harm.

Edited by john.r.davies
Hi,

Just about to send off the application form of to the TSSC. Does anyone know if any of the Le mans laps still available or not. :P

Going with friends in two TR7's and three TR7 v8.

Jim

Yes, I hope so.

Be VERY quick, order goes in Monday or Tuesady for the 1st batch.

Cheers

Colin

Yes, I hope so.

Be VERY quick, order goes in Monday or Tuesady for the 1st batch.

Cheers

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for getting back, I think all is now booked now by howard, he has sent in the TSSC form now so looking forward to going around the Le Mans circuit. The last time we all went was in 2004 and on the outside of the circuit by the S bend, just before the starting grid. I always like hearing the GT40's popping when they slowing down / breaking.

Jim Johnson

Edited by tr7jim
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I emailed out all the order confirmations today, about 20 of the emails bounced so I would appreciate it if you could forward your email address to me if you did not receive your confirmation.

Please send to lemans-at-tssc.org.uk

Many thanks,

Have fab Christmas

Philip Willcocks

:rolleyes: Anyone going to have a spare seat for the Classic ??? - went to support Celia last time - in the pits and paddock so saw very little racing. Can go halves on cost - no strings !!

:rolleyes: Anyone going to have a spare seat for the Classic ??? - went to support Celia last time - in the pits and paddock so saw very little racing. Can go halves on cost - no strings !!

I am sure we can fix you up.

Not at all like a dating service but...

what day are you hoping to go out and come back?

where abouts do you live?

Cheers

Colin

CLM08 trip organiser

Live in South West UK, not bothered about meeting up at suitable waterside location. Have small tent etc - I do go to the TSSC meets locally but the guys funds do not stretch to going this year.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Colin,

Hows the numbers doing, fully booked up yet ?

Cheers

Guy

We had about 60 places left yesterday morning, then we had 40 orders in from the TRR, so that left 20. Club Triumph mag came out yesterday, 10 more orders today, so that leave 10 places!!!!!

(subject to a quick count tonight)

Cheers

Colin

We had about 60 places left yesterday morning, then we had 40 orders in from the TRR, so that left 20. Club Triumph mag came out yesterday, 10 more orders today, so that leave 10 places!!!!!

(subject to a quick count tonight)

Cheers

Colin

Great News Colin,

Am looking forward to it.

Cheers

Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first group of Channel Island Trs will be at CLM, three trs.

We intend leaving on Monday am and take a leisurely drive back to St Malo, stopping for a typical French Lunch etc etc.

Anyway, does anything happen on the sunday evening. Or is the place likely to be empty and there will be just three trs left in the field.

Regards

Guy

Guy, if all goes well there will be at least one Belgian registered TR6 on place till monday morning. I have not yet decided how to travel on to Malvern.

My club friends from the Dutch TR Club will probably, as usual, cross the channel on thursday morning to camp in the south of U.K. Depending on the weather I intend to join them via Calais, or eventually cross via Calais earlier and meet them on the campground in U.K. Anyhow there is no reason for me to leave LM in a hurry :)