Le Mans Classic 2008 - Booking form & FAQ

Guy, if all goes well there will be at least one Belgian registered TR6 on place till monday morning. I have not yet decided how to travel on to Malvern.

My club friends from the Dutch TR Club will probably, as usual, cross the channel on thursday morning to camp in the south of U.K. Depending on the weather I intend to join them via Calais, or eventually cross via Calais earlier and meet them on the campground in U.K. Anyhow there is no reason for me to leave LM in a hurry :)

Excellent Jean,

Will have to make a party of it and get a few more beers in . :rolleyes:

Cheers

Guy

I will most definatley be on site Sunday with many friends.

Having done many Le Mans trips including being part of a team in 96

I know how tired I get for various reasons and am not up for a drive

back post race.

I like to enjoy the post race thing.

I have not done the classic before, however I am sure the atmosphere and

general buzz will of course still be in full throttle as per the traditional Le Mans 24 Hrs.

cheers

andy

I will most definatley be on site Sunday with many friends.

Having done many Le Mans trips including being part of a team in 96

I know how tired I get for various reasons and am not up for a drive

back post race.

I like to enjoy the post race thing.

I have not done the classic before, however I am sure the atmosphere and

general buzz will of course still be in full throttle as per the traditional Le Mans 24 Hrs.

cheers

andy

Andy

Like you i have done the "ordinary" Le Mans, but not the Classic.

Will be great.

See you at the latest sunday night,we three Musketeers will be at our posts. :lol:

Perhaps we should start a thread for "Sunday Night At the Classic, will you be there" :rolleyes:

Cheers

Guy

For attaching video cameras to car I would recommend taking a look at www.studiolighting.co.uk.

Then go to clamps, The Manfrotto clamp MA035 is totally reliable as a clamp to attach to the roll bar,

you will also need MA13 spigott and camera bracket . If you under sling the camera you will eliminate a lot of wind noise.

I would strongly recommend a wide angle attachment (mine was £35) it makes you look good as it seems faster.

As a professional video cameraman I have these clamps in my kit, but I will gladly lend it to someone, as I will be at Le Mans Classic.

Just one more thought for those of you that don't have roll bars try a sucker mount from Jessups.

Trevor,

I tremble to ask a professional this question, but how do I avoid the total sound overload on my video camera?

My tiny Pentax Optio 50 takes perfectly acceptable video, but the sound is just an overloaded roar. It's not wind noise, the car is enclosed. Voices are fine when the car is stopped. Being just a pocket snapper that happens to be able to take vidoe, there is no obvious microphone location and certainly no external mike socket. Two small holes under the flash might show were the mike sits? Would covering these with tape help to allow some engine noise to be recorded?

John

The trouble probably lies with mic using auto gain so it will wack any sound up to full.

There are some good little fluffy covers which can be used if wind is a problem,which it usually is on all cameras.

Take a look at www.rycote.com/overcovers.