tr4 rear valance

HI

I'm currently restoring a tr4 and have come to a unexpected halt!!!

I never expected that it would be impossible to find a rear valance new or used!

CAN ANYBODY HELP???!!!

Without a rear valance i cannot proceed my restorationproject. :(:(

If anybody knows of a good used or -even better- a new rear valance, please let me know!!

Thanks ,

john.

I sympathise with you , I waited more than two years until I was lucky enough to find a new pattern one that nearly fitted. I contacted British Motor Heritage direct several times always to be told that, at the last minute, the "soft tooling" was being used to make another panel for another car, as requested by their main customer. It amazes me that we have to wait so long. Guaranteed delivery dates quoted to me this year have been March, April, and July- that's when I gave up. I can't remember how many dates I was given last year!

Moan over, all you can do is look on Ebay and in TRaction, they do come up very occasionally. I wonder if there are any in the USA that you could buy? If the worst came to the worst someone like Revingtons etc could probably make you one in alloy, or a panel beater could make one. Best of luck!

I sympathise with you , I waited more than two years until I was lucky enough to find a new pattern one that nearly fitted. I contacted British Motor Heritage direct several times always to be told that, at the last minute, the "soft tooling" was being used to make another panel for another car, as requested by their main customer. It amazes me that we have to wait so long. Guaranteed delivery dates quoted to me this year have been March, April, and July- that's when I gave up. I can't remember how many dates I was given last year!

Moan over, all you can do is look on Ebay and in TRaction, they do come up very occasionally. I wonder if there are any in the USA that you could buy? If the worst came to the worst someone like Revingtons etc could probably make you one in alloy, or a panel beater could make one. Best of luck!

I contacted most companies in the USA; they get all their panels from british heritage!!

John

Try Walter Pechey he normaly has all the hard to find bits. dont have his contact details to hand but he advertises in TR Action or you could search the forum for his details as I know they have been posted in the past.

Cheers

Alan

John

Try Walter Pechey he normaly has all the hard to find bits. dont have his contact details to hand but he advertises in TR Action or you could search the forum for his details as I know they have been posted in the past.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, but no joy in searching in the members section.

Cheers, john.

At least, if you can get a used one, a panel beater could repair it for you. Mine was badly accident damaged, and filled, twice by the looks of things. The front was the same, but they are available.

How do I go about that?

Bear in mind i do not have an old one as an example.

Would be a little tricky but a good panel beater would have the answers, measure gapsthat requires filling, study a complete car to replicate.

Am I correct and the 4 4a and 5 are the same body, if so there was a 4a in Romford advertised a week ago http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=11898 incomplete project, in 2 minds weather to break or sell as a whole, the body tub is in 2 halfs.

Might be of some help if Walter doesnt have one which is unlikely as he has everything.

Would be a little tricky but a good panel beater would have the answers, measure gapsthat requires filling, study a complete car to replicate.

Am I correct and the 4 4a and 5 are the same body, if so there was a 4a in Romford advertised a week ago http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=11898 incomplete project, in 2 minds weather to break or sell as a whole, the body tub is in 2 halfs.

Might be of some help if Walter doesnt have one which is unlikely as he has everything.

Thanks for that, very kind of you all to help me out.

I did not expect this level of help!

Much appreciated.

Tx, john.

• 2 weeks later...

Try TRGB (01487-842168) - they are often breaking cars and when I was up there yesterday, I noticed a TR4A with major frontal damage for a brave restorer. Not sure about the back end, but it is possible this could end up being broken. Where are you located? If in UK, it might also be worth trying TR Bitz. Best of luck. I agree, it really shouldn't be this difficult to find a replacement rear panel given the number of times I've been rear-ended (stop tittering!!) in various cars in the past :( .

HI

I'm currently restoring a tr4 and have come to a unexpected halt!!!

I never expected that it would be impossible to find a rear valance new or used!

CAN ANYBODY HELP???!!!

Without a rear valance i cannot proceed my restorationproject. :(:(

If anybody knows of a good used or -even better- a new rear valance, please let me know!!

Thanks ,

john.

Hi John,

I have a brand new old stock British Leyland rear valance i`m selling.

Regards

Billy 07834 818737

Try TRGB (01487-842168) - they are often breaking cars and when I was up there yesterday, I noticed a TR4A with major frontal damage for a brave restorer. Not sure about the back end, but it is possible this could end up being broken. Where are you located? If in UK, it might also be worth trying TR Bitz. Best of luck. I agree, it really shouldn't be this difficult to find a replacement rear panel given the number of times I've been rear-ended (stop tittering!!) in various cars in the past :( .

Thanks for that.

Tr Bitz has nothing, I'll try TRGB

Cheers, John.