Hood quarter lights

The offside rear quarter light window of my hood has become detached from the canvas. It's simply the joint between the two different materials that has failed; not the window itself. I suspect it was a poor joint in the first place but the warranty is well expired.

Does anyone know where I can get this repaired? I do not know the original manufacturer. I hardly ever have the hood up so it is not a big issue, but if I ever get caught in the rain..........

It sounds like a welded join as stiched ones arent very waterproof. this would be difficult to repair but maybe a bit of EvoStik time bond carefully applied may do the trick, but it might pay to try a small area first in case it melts the window material.

Stuart.

Stuart

The reason I asked is because my Mohair hood has stitched in windows and I can remember the guys at Don Trimming telling me that if a window cracked, split or got damaged they could easily sew a new one in.

Oh, and it is well waterproof.

Regards

Tim

Just talked to my trimmer and yes you are right it is stiched in but he did say that it is better to have a replacement window fitted rather than trying to restich the old one as there will be too many perforations and the old window will probably pull out.

Stuart.