1954 TR2 WPJ 9

I am trying to piece together some of the history of my TR2 TS1013 It should be registered as WPJ 9 although there is an issue with the Swansea joke factory henceforth known as the DVLA about the registration number. When I bought the car in a dismantled condition having not been on the road for many years, it was painted black with fibreglass panels all round including short doors and sills and flared arches to accomodate very wide wheels (4" bands put into standard TR2 wheels) and a TR4 back axle, also a TR3a front. It looks as if it may have been raced in that form some years ago. It was originally white with blackberry trim.

I am in the process of trying to contact a Mr Quinton whose name appears on some old Moss receipts that I found in the car in the hope that he may remember it but if anyone out there can supply any more info I would be very grateful.

Stuart