Carl thats looking very nice. Good to see the velocity stacks on the carbs as I have the same type on my 2 and as its not been tried out on the road yet I am interested to know how they will perform.

Stuart.

Carl, that looks quite stunning. I noticed it was missing the front bumper in the "before" photo and I believe they are from, or very similar to a rare Fiat, and thus would be hard to find. Fortunately the cars look really good without one fitted. I have sought an Italia for many years, but we down in Oz always hear about one for sale after it has been sold, so we have never had an example in this country, and nor have we had a Francorchamps either. I know there are replica Italia's available in the UK, but I prefer an original.

Just had a rush of blood over the two Italias photographed at Rimini on the main Forum. That's another missed opportunity to at least see one, as we will be nearby in Siena, Tuscany in about 6 weeks time.

Hope you have great enjoyment from the car when you get it finished.

Cheers,

Viv.

Carl, that looks quite stunning. I noticed it was missing the front bumper in the "before" photo and I believe they are from, or very similar to a rare Fiat, and thus would be hard to find. Fortunately the cars look really good without one fitted. I have sought an Italia for many years, but we down in Oz always hear about one for sale after it has been sold, so we have never had an example in this country, and nor have we had a Francorchamps either. I know there are replica Italia's available in the UK, but I prefer an original.

Just had a rush of blood over the two Italias photographed at Rimini on the main Forum. That's another missed opportunity to at least see one, as we will be nearby in Siena, Tuscany in about 6 weeks time.

Hope you have great enjoyment from the car when you get it finished.

Cheers,

Viv.

Hi Viv

Many thanks! Now that the car is almost done I can't wait till its done. But its getting there. I do have the bumpers now, both front and rear and the overriders as well. They were made from original ones that a couple of friends in the States have kindly sent to me. In fact it seems that they were unique for the Italia, nothing else fits. Right now I've located everything needed to put the car in original condition, but its not easy or cheap I'm afraid.

Cheers

Carl

• 3 months later...

My Italia is almost ready now. Only the seats and front badge is missing.

The rebuilt began in March 2007 from a rusty wreck state to the condition seen now. I'm very happy :rolleyes: however my bank account and wife don't feel exactly the same :blink: .

I'm posting a couple of pics. One shows my TR250 as well.

Cheers

Carl

post-3560-1199302607_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302618_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302631_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302649_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302668_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302724_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302607_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302618_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302631_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302649_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302668_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199302724_thumb.jpg

My Italia is almost ready now. Only the seats and front badge is missing.

The rebuilt began in March 2007 from a rusty wreck state to the condition seen now. I'm very happy :rolleyes: however my bank account and wife don't feel exactly the same :blink: .

I'm posting a couple of pics. One shows my TR250 as well.

Cheers

Carl

Carl

Lovely stable, Italia looks really good, nice 250, lucky Bug%%% :lol:

Enjoy them both, sounds like you've done the hard part already, driving them sould be easier............ :P

Hi Carl,

I've been waiting for some finished pix, and it's a car you can be very proud of indeed.

My restorations always seem to take two years, so you have done really well on the quick turnaround.

Remember when you peer into the diminished bank book, this can be replenished, but where do you get another Italia ?.

Happy New Year and enjoy !.

Viv.

Carl,

I've only seen 1 Italia in person, they are an awesome and unique car. From the pics you did a fantastic job, bringing you car back to life. Both the Italia and the TR250 are scarce on this side of the pond...... I'm a bit jealous ;)

Cheers,

Rob

San Luis Obispo

USA

Edited by SloTR6
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has Italia body #2, Up to now he has done the chassis, but is low on funds for the time being to continue the body. Fortunately the car has all the silver work, what's rare :) Carl, I'm flabbergasted that it is possible to restore an Italia in Portugal in ONE YEAR, a great achievement. All top restorers here have almost a ONE YEAR waiting time.

For those showing interest in Italias, there is a very nice Italia website in Germany, http://www.triumph-italia.de

Carl, my sincere congratulations with your tremendous input to keep these cars on the road in such a condition :):)

Edited by jean
  • 3 weeks later...
A friend of mine has Italia body #2, Up to now he has done the chassis, but is low on funds for the time being to continue the body. Fortunately the car has all the silver work, what's rare :) Carl, I'm flabbergasted that it is possible to restore an Italia in Portugal in ONE YEAR, a great achievement. All top restorers here have almost a ONE YEAR waiting time.

For those showing interest in Italias, there is a very nice Italia website in Germany, http://www.triumph-italia.de

Carl, my sincere congratulations with your tremendous input to keep these cars on the road in such a condition :):)

Hi Jean,

Actually it took less than one year to get it done, I bought the car in the end of February 2007 and the garage started working on the car in the beggining of April. Thanks for the wesite address, pitty that my German is not very good. :(

Cheers

Carl

Many thanks for all your kind compliments on my car.

The car is finally ready, seats in place, logbook in hand, insurance. I took her for a test drive this weekend, and I only can say...what a joy! I drove it so hard that I broke one of the exhaust brackets and the damn thing fell on the road, however my mechanic was with me and we've solved it on the spot! Its really a lovely car to drive. Great!

Cheers

Carl

Carl

Nobody... is the least bit jealous of your first drive in your Italia........much ? and then some !!

I think a lot of us reading your post have changed colour......as in " green with envy".Not a very noble thought

but can you blames us.Enjoy every moment in that beautiful car.

Congratulations.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Carl

Nobody... is the least bit jealous of your first drive in your Italia........much ? and then some !!

I think a lot of us reading your post have changed colour......as in " green with envy".Not a very noble thought

but can you blames us.Enjoy every moment in that beautiful car.

Congratulations.

Bob

Many thanks Bob. I've been getting great comments about my Italia. It was really a pleasure to restore it to its former glory!

Now I just have to drive it!

Cheers

Carl