I have started to experience creaking on the front off side when driving but it doesn’t happen all the time. I can drive for hours with nothing then I stop for a short time and when I pull away it starts then I park in the garage for a few days and drive off nothing. It never seems to happen at the beginning of a journey but after I have parked up for a while. The creaking sounds like I feel when I move after to much digging in the garden

With the car stationary I can pump the suspension up and down rock the car from side to side nothing. I assume that it has to be something to do with bushes or body mounts.

Any ideas?

Chris

I have started to experience creaking on the front off side when driving but it doesn’t happen all the time. I can drive for hours with nothing then I stop for a short time and when I pull away it starts then I park in the garage for a few days and drive off nothing. It never seems to happen at the beginning of a journey but after I have parked up for a while. The creaking sounds like I feel when I move after to much digging in the garden

With the car stationary I can pump the suspension up and down rock the car from side to side nothing. I assume that it has to be something to do with bushes or body mounts.

Any ideas?

Chris

Hello Chris

I had squeeky creaky noise which appeared to be dryness. So I sprayed the front susension bushes area with WD40. Noise went away.

Regards Rob

Holts do a spray on rubber lubricant which does the job - not the type you get in chemists..... :lol:

I would not recommend spraying WD-40 on rubber suspension bushings. Try a good spray-on silicone lubricant instead- it won't cause the bushings to swell up (and then later fall off!).

Edited by helicfii

If you have nylon bushes, they can make the most awful noise when dry. However, Revington stocks a special lubricant which I discovered back in 1996. It's called MasterLube, comes in a small spray canister (with a short tube), and contains PTFE. Each time I grease the front suspension, I very carefully lift (with a small screwdriver) each of the rubber rings which sit over the ends of the bushes, and squirt some of this lubricant into the bearing. I haven't suffered with the creaks and groans from the suspension since I commenced using this stuff. I have no connection with the manufacturer, it was pure luck that one of its salesmen heard the noise and gave me some free samples in '96, and I mentioned it to Neil. I don't know whether poly-bushes suffer from the problem, but the juice should not harm either type (or even rubber, if you still use that type).

Ian Cornish