more on help with paint removal from GRP bodies

I have studied a number of sites suggested and gained lots of usefull information, thanks to you both, one of the paint removal suggestions from a Canadian bloke was Soda blasting.

Have any of you lightweight body restorers out there used this method?

All other reccomendations are the hard graft method, no solvents and go buy the wet and dry and switch off for 300 hours?

Before I commit to mental suicide IS there another way, help

regards

Peter

Peter,

I've read about soda blasting in Practical Classics. They're currently busy restoring a GT6 with a GPR-ish bonnet. A year ago or so, they had the bonnet soda blasted. Nice article, photos, addresses etc. I'm not sure wich issue of PC it was, but I'm sure you can look it up.

Regards,

Menno van Rij

Peter,

I've read about soda blasting in Practical Classics. They're currently busy restoring a GT6 with a GPR-ish bonnet. A year ago or so, they had the bonnet soda blasted. Nice article, photos, addresses etc. I'm not sure wich issue of PC it was, but I'm sure you can look it up.

Regards,

Menno van Rij

Thanks Menno,

I spoke to Fibreglass services today they are the only company I am told who can manufacture Lotus chassis, and they said soda blasting was a no no, I could try it but they would then sell

me a new bodyshell for 5K !!!!!!!!!! I Enjoyed your slide show, looks to be a very original car, even has an original gear lever Knob, ( I need one for my TR3A )

regards

Peter