starting procedure

Could some kind gent please tell me the correct s/p for a 3.5 V8 with edelbrook carb when the engine is cold

I have a 3.5 V8 with edelbrock, but mine has an electric choke (so I always have full choke when the engine is cold). I pump the gas twice, take my foot off the gas, and it starts right up.

I do have some issues with starting it up after the engine has warmed up, shut down, and then and has set for a bit, but that is (or will be soon) another post.

Rob

Could some kind gent please tell me the correct s/p for a 3.5 V8 with edelbrook carb when the engine is cold

HI WITH MY GRINNALL V8 WITH A 3.5 WITH A EDELBROOK CARB AND MY OTHER V8 WITH HOLLY CARB

TO START MY CAR FROM COLD AFTER IT'S BEEN STANDING FOR A FEW WEEKS TURN KEY ON PRESS THROTTLE TWICE TO HELP THE ELECTRIC PUMP WHEN CLICKING STOPS TURN KEY TO CRANK ENGINE THEN PRESS THROTTLE ONCE MAYBE TWICE THEN SHE STARTS

TO START WHEN LEFT SAY OVER NIGHT TURN KEY LET PUMP STOP CLICKING LIGHTY PRESS THROTTLE AND AWAY SHE GOES

When I had a V8 with Holley and electric pump, I could not get it to start easily until I was told to kick the throttle to the floor twice, and only then to turn the key to energise the starter. Started instantly every time with a glorious roar!

Ian Cornish