i would love to know what has become of my pimento red CR series TR6, registered PYL 109L it was sold when i lived inReading. It was in good overall nick at the time being largely original witha relatively low milege.-i do have pictures from early 90s which i would be happy to copy and pass on to the new owner.

amazingly another 6 i owned in the late 80s has just been spoted whilst viewing Bills tour to Greece in May. AME 525H was last seen in 94 and i believe left Reading for S Wales,again i do have some pics if the current owner wishes to make contact.

all the best

Hi D1070, and a very warm welcome to the Forum - your handle wouldn't be anything to do with the superb Westerns...?

The vehicle details for PYL 109L are:

Date of Liability 01 08 2007

Date of First Registration 13 04 1973

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2498CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £99.00

12 Months Rate £180.00

The vehicle details for AME 525H are:

Date of Liability 01 01 2008

Date of First Registration 23 07 1970

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2498CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

So they would both appear to be taxed at present and on the road.

Jon,

I wondered if anyone would make the link with the fabulous 52s!, D1070 ,Western Gauntlet was my favourite ,- can still picture her,on the blocks, at Penzance in December 76-how sad is that!.

Thankyou for letting me know that two old friends are still with us and hopefully still being used, certainly AME, from the pics in Greece,is still being pushed reasonably hard!

My current TR,after an absence of ten years , is a very rewarding TR5,-ITS JUST GOOD TO GET BACK IN A TR, better bring the wellingtons for Malvern,

all the best,

D1070, (Laurence)

i would love to know what has become of my pimento red CR series TR6, registered PYL 109L it was sold when i lived inReading. It was in good overall nick at the time being largely original witha relatively low milege.-i do have pictures from early 90s which i would be happy to copy and pass on to the new owner.

amazingly another 6 i owned in the late 80s has just been spoted whilst viewing Bills tour to Greece in May. AME 525H was last seen in 94 and i believe left Reading for S Wales,again i do have some pics if the current owner wishes to make contact.

all the best

Hi,D101 I still have AME 525H since I purchased it on 30 Sept 1995 from Mr L Jones in Reading. It has had a few visits to the hospital but managed a faultless trip to Greece and back. I would love to see any old photographs you may have. I will be at Malvern and the car will be in the P/O competition - you should find it easy enough as it will have the tour plates on it. Look forward to meeting you. cheers for now Colin S.G.

Hi D101,

I'm Colin's eldest son and the co pilot on many a fun outing in AME around the South Wales valleys and Brecon Beacons. I've also had the opportunity to drive AME on Castle Combe, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Dad will tell you that I drove too hard. I will tell you that I was several seconds a lap quicker hahaha :P

Here's some photos taken at Castle Combe in 2002.

IM003100.jpg

IM003101.jpg

IM003102.jpg

IM003115.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

PS - Here's one of Colin's daughter-in-law posing on the A4059 just north of Cantref reservoir with the Brecon Beacons in the background.

IM002227.jpg

Edited by boonie
Hi D101,

I'm Colin's eldest son and the co pilot on many a fun outing in AME around the South Wales valleys and Brecon Beacons. I've also had the opportunity to drive AME on Castle Combe, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Dad will tell you that I drove too hard. I will tell you that I was several seconds a lap quicker hahaha :P

Here's some photos taken at Castle Combe in 2002.

IM003100.jpg

IM003101.jpg

IM003102.jpg

IM003115.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

PS - Here's one of Colin's daughter-in-law posing on the A4059 just north of Cantref reservoir with the Brecon Beacons in the background.

IM002227.jpg

Hi Colin and Graham!,

Yes i am the L Jones,formerly of Reading, who let AME go in 95,-i seem to recall Colin we met at a service station near Reading and remember the sound of that loud single pipe exhaust as she disapeared heading for S wales,-its just hard to believe that was 12 years ago!. It was wonderful to see the pics in Greece and the pics at Coombe ,i am just glad the car is still up and running and still giving loads of fun!. I do have some pictures andas they are part of the history i will bring them to Malvern.

I have recently returned to the TR fold- ,after an absence of 12 years it was about time!. My car,a dark blue TR5, NTL 92F will be one of the 5s on the 40th anniversary stand at Malvern ,look forward to seeing you there,

all the best,

Laurence(D1070)

Hi Colin and Graham!,

Yes i am the L Jones,formerly of Reading, who let AME go in 95,-i seem to recall Colin we met at a service station near Reading and remember the sound of that loud single pipe exhaust as she disapeared heading for S wales,-its just hard to believe that was 12 years ago!. It was wonderful to see the pics in Greece and the pics at Coombe ,i am just glad the car is still up and running and still giving loads of fun!. I do have some pictures andas they are part of the history i will bring them to Malvern.

I have recently returned to the TR fold- ,after an absence of 12 years it was about time!. My car,a dark blue TR5, NTL 92F will be one of the 5s on the 40th anniversary stand at Malvern ,look forward to seeing you there,

all the best,

Laurence(D1070)

Hi Laurence,

what a surprise after all this time. I look forward to meeting you at Malvern and having a chat - loads to tell you about AME - not all bad either. Glad to hear that you are back in the fold. Unfortunately Graham will not be at Malvern as he lives in Houston - bit far to come for a wekend! (but he would at the drop of a hat) If you want to locate me at Malvern I will have my mobile with me - 07711 980848.

Cheers for now Colin (colin S.G.)