TR3A 50th - Stanpart NOS Stall

As I had to take a couple of red plastic wheelie bins down to Alec today for Andrew Smith, ..........Not sure what was in the wheelie bins, maybe it's Andrews personal supply of beer :lol: Tony

No Tony, Alec is taking the beers down................that was my 'disco clobber' for Saturday night! B)

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Alec

I must admit they do look like a pair of Milan Firing Posts (anti-tank weapon system) carrying boxes, but rest assured they will not go off, nor do you need a 'Dangerous Cargo Certificate' - all will be revealed, literally!

As for the beers..............it must be Tony's round by now, surely?!

A 'Jolly Roger'?........I always try my best to please and any without complaints so far! :lol:

See you tomorrow!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
We're in danger of getting back to the wet t-shirt debate again... ;)

Exactly....what, or who, do you think is likely to be contained within the wheelie bins until the appropriate point in the proceedings.

A little like having a girl jump out of an oversized birthday cake.

Regards.

David

Hi Alec, I'm very sorry to hear for all attendees that the situation in the Malvern area is so bad - I've a 14' boat with Johnson/Evinrude 9hp motor, but it would take a long time!

As regards the sale of the contents of Alannids Cave contents, I for one would like to see room made in the next TRaction (be it 1, 2, 3, 4 or more pages) to advertise the sorted parts and even a freebie give away catalogue - the parts selected for SDF, are likely to be out of available for a while - any chance of getting some other manufacturing sources on board to speed things up? in the remanufacturing. Hopefully the parts will at their best be flying away!

Alec

I really feel for you and Diane and all involved in what must have been an enormous task to get everthing listed and sorted for this weekend for nature to dump on you.

I have followed your posting with interest and amazement at the NOS parts. I am sure you will find an outlet for all you have to offer which hopefully will boost Alans pension fund. I for one would not mind at all if it took a complete TRaction to advertise these parts.

Hopefully next year we can meet and share a beer.

All the best

Phil.

Alec,

All of this is a great shame due to the work input by many in respect of the International Weekend and of course the Alannid's cave exercise.

Like you, I would hope that the Register will be pleased to hand over some TRaction space to you. There must have been something in reserve for reports from this weekend. Perhaps our editor will be grateful to receive 'copy' to fill the space.

Having something in print I think will be a good idea as it widens the audience to every TR Register member, not only those attending this weekend, reading this forum or looking at ebay if any of these parts ended up there for sale.

The quickest way of disposing of these parts, ignoring physical despatch will be to use the WWW as a means of communication, with this clearly laid out in TRaction. Perhaps an additional, temporary section could be created on the forum, or use a new thread in Buy, Sell, Trade.

If everyone knows where to look, then this cannot be anything but fair.

If I can be of any assistance as part of a team looking at reasons why people think they are a deserving cause for parts, and sending a summary to you and Alan for decisions to be made, I would be delighted to do so. By spreading the now bigger job out between a greater number of people, there will be less pressure on those who have already given loads of their own time already.

There is still likely to be a greater demand than supply of parts and apart from postage/despatch, I would have thought the biggest task is to sort out who has what and why.

Regards

David

In an ideal world, Alan, Diane and I, and the rest of the Alannid's Cave team would like

to keep the sale of the considerable number of remaining items within the TR Register -

if at all possible. Hence the suggestion of TR Action as first port of call.

If we were concerned only with maximising return, all the stuff would have gone on ebay

long ago - instead of hogging space in my garages. C'est la vie, the best laid plans of mice

and TR men . . .

The Malvern cancellation is a great, great shame. So much work and commitment from so

many people. Alec, Diane and helpers with respect to this thread, but all the organisers of

the event (must run well into three figures) all the stall holders, all the overseas members

who must have arrived in the UK already, the TR3A 50th and TR5 40th arrangements,

all the . . . . . I could go on and on.

For the remaining spares in "Alannid's Cave" (I like that expression!) it seems to me that

the best means of circulation of details may be to set up a website with access to photos of

all the parts, and to keep sales within TR Register members, interested parties could state

an interest in advance, membership could be checked with the office, then the site address

for the photos could be circulated.

I'll suggest this to Alec and see if he thinks this is more appropriate than TRAction.

It may complicate matters for the non-internet literate, and plenty of Old Farts fall into that

category, but we'll work on the options.

As Alec says, it's not the pension fund that will benefit, nor perhaps the rebuild overdraft, it

could well be the next project!!

AlanR

I think the TRaction would be fairer to existing members of the Register. If it goes on-line in any way there is nothing to stop those outsiders, ie non members, wanting to make a quick buck joining on-line and then purchasing on-line. They might then not re-new their membership. By advertising in TRaction existing members would get first bite of the cherry. Just my thoughts as I haven't got a sidescreen car (unfortunately!)

I agree with you Rhodri (I haven't a side screen either), but there is another possible way around the issue, anyone trying to buy parts from Alec should have to quote their TRR membership no. (not TRR Forum no.) which would have to be a pre July 2007 issued one - this would restrict slightly, but would ensure that parts go to existing members not anyone who has joined in an attempt to get access to this limited resource.

there is another possible way around the issue, anyone trying to buy parts

from Alec should have to quote their TRR membership no. (not TRR Forum no.)

which would have to be a pre July 2007 issued one - this would restrict slightly,

but would ensure that parts go to existing members not anyone who has joined

in an attempt to get access to this limited resource.

I think I covered most of these points in my first email - state your interest first,

with Register number, then you get the site address for photos. AND - maybe we

would only send parts to your Register address. Only problem, as I said, is that

the non-internet-literate wouldn't know about it.

BUT - I wouldn't like to discriminate between new and longer-term members.

Best thing is to let Alec come up with what he thinks is the best solution - he's well

capable of sorting out something fair, and he is the one, after all, who will be taking

care of whatever arrangements are made.

AlanR

Would it be possible to include a flyer stock list with the magazine, that way the entire membership would get to know what is available and also obviously include the proviso of the length of membership.

Only a thought but it would certainly ensure that even the computerless(?) members get to know about these parts.

Stuart.

I think I covered most of these points in my first email - state your interest first,

with Register number, then you get the site address for photos.

BUT - I wouldn't like to discriminate between new and longer-term members.

Best thing is to let Alec come up with what he thinks is the best solution - he's well

capable of sorting out something fair, and he is the one, after all, who will be taking

care of whatever arrangements are made.

Hi Alan, I'm not involved in this at all, as I'm not in to side-screens - just trying to make an objective helpful suggestion to reach an equitable result - and yes Alec is quite capable of sorting it out, but one of us may just hit on a point that helps. I'm not meaning to be pedantic in any way, but you didn't say anything about TRR membership no., just that "membership could be checked with the office", I suggested a pre July no, to exclude anyone joining TRR purely to gain access to this treasure trove - just another angle to consider, I think Stuart's suggestion of a flyer is a good one, but the unguaranteeable date of TRaction could put very long standing international members at a severe disadvantage, could a way around this be to publish in TRaction the date a list of parts will be published in the Forum which would be 4 or 6 weeks later, to give all a fair chance?

As I said before, I wouldn't want to take on Alec's role in this - damned if you do, damned if you don't (supply to certain parts) - Rhodri's idea of a "raffle" or random selection could well be another way.

Having something in print I think will be a good idea as it widens the audience to every TR Register member, not only those attending this weekend, reading this forum or looking at ebay if any of these parts ended up there for sale.

The quickest way of disposing of these parts, ignoring physical despatch will be to use the WWW as a means of communication, with this clearly laid out in TRaction. Perhaps an additional, temporary section could be created on the forum, or use a new thread in Buy, Sell, Trade.

If everyone knows where to look, then this cannot be anything but fair.

If I can be of any assistance as part of a team looking at reasons why people think they are a deserving cause for parts, and sending a summary to you and Alan for decisions to be made, I would be delighted to do so. By spreading the now bigger job out between a greater number of people, there will be less pressure on those who have already given loads of their own time already.

There is still likely to be a greater demand than supply of parts and apart from postage/despatch, I would have thought the biggest task is to sort out who has what and why.

Regards

David

I agrre with David on his point about sending details out in TRaction, If members registered their interest then decisions could be made on who gets what. The only issue is the spread out delivery dates of TRaction but this could be overcome by not selling anything till a couple of weeks after the mag has been sent.

The downside is that Alec loses his garage space for longer than planned :( .

At the end of the day its Alan and alec who will decide what happens, I think its just great that they have tried their very hardest to make the spares available to members but if at the end of the day for practical reasons the parts have to go on ebay thats just how the cookie crumbles

• 1 month later...
did any ordinary TR Registrar members get any of these Special NOS parts ?

Or were they only sold to special people who get the look at the list

before any of us saw the link in TRACTION .

yours David

Sorry David, I don't quite get your point? Are you saying that all the parts are sold?

Reading Alec's posts my understanding is that some parts were donated to the spares development fund, The rest will be sold to members of the register who can get a copy of the list by emailing Alec who's email address is in the back of the latest TRAction or by sending an SAE. Further details are in Alec's article in TRAction re "Alannids Cave".

Tony

did any ordinary TR Registrar members get any of these Special NOS parts? Or were they only sold to special people who get the look at the list before any of us saw the link in TRACTION . yours David

Blimey David?! :wacko:

I thought everyone knew there are no "ordinary" people in the TR Register, we are all "special" - doooh! :o

Anyway, I've seen some of the contents of "Alannids Cave" and it's all old stuff, about 50 or so years in the worst case, so probably worthless! None of that nice new shiny repro stuff anywhere to be seen, so he can keep it!! ;)

I hope this helps?

Cheers

Andrew

Just for the record:

I did not receive the latest copy of TRACTION yet...

I must add that I'm not looking for a special part of the NOS-list; when you have read my updates on restoring my TR, you will all know that I'm not looking for a 100% orginal car. So, no problem here.

On the other hand, it's possible that other overseas members have encountered the same: not having received issue 221

Menno

I used to kid Steve Redway and Rosy Good about 5 years ago that I received my TR Action here in Canada a day or two before they received their copies. But recently it's been quite late.

I have not yet received my copy of the latest Issue 221.

Don Elliott, Montreal

I did not receive the latest copy of TRACTION yet...

... it's possible that other overseas members have encountered the same: not having received issue 221

Just in case anyone is about to helpfully post a copy of the TRaction ad, please don't. We should respect Alec's and Alan's wish to restrict the sales to TRR members. If anyone has not received their copy of TRaction, perhaps they should email Alec with their TRR membership no. Although Alec has a lot going on outside of this voluntary project, I am sure he will add bona fide TRR members to the distribution list.