Idle valve loose.

Guy

I have a set of second hand ones that I am modifying and the brass idle valve is surplus to requirements so I have had to remove it. To all intents and purposes it appeared to have worked loose at some time and been reattached with Epoxy Resin (Araldite?). Believe me it was an absolute B****r :blink: to get out and, prior to removal, it did not have an air leak. I suppose that the Araldite? could do the job again, best of luck.

Steven H B)

Hi All,

The Idle adjuster valve is loose. :blink:

It has come away from the manifold. Having looked at it it is just a straight socket push fit.

What is the best way to refit and with what?

Best Regards

Guy

HI Guy

I fitted an extra idle valve at the bulkhead end to give more air to 5&6. I used Araldite, it's been fine.

Regards

John.

Araldite is one of the best get you out of trouble items to have in your toolbox.

Stuart.

...but be warned that Araldite Rapid has a pretty low metling point, so I would avoid using it anywhere in the engine compartment. Stick with standard Araldite. Many years ago, I maintained electric foils etc for my school fending club. We used Araldite rapid to secure the wires into the blade, because it was very easily removed when the wires broke - hold the blade high over a bunsen burner set to low heat (don't want to get the blade too hot or you mess with the temper...), and the wires came out with almost no effort.

YMMV,

John

...but be warned that Araldite Rapid has a pretty low metling point, so I would avoid using it anywhere in the engine compartment. Stick with standard Araldite. Many years ago, I maintained electric foils etc for my school fending club. We used Araldite rapid to secure the wires into the blade, because it was very easily removed when the wires broke - hold the blade high over a bunsen burner set to low heat (don't want to get the blade too hot or you mess with the temper...), and the wires came out with almost no effort.

YMMV,

John

Thanks John,

i had already used araldite rapid prior to your posting......

have taken car for a spin and yes you are correct it melted

Could not locate any araldite standard so have used Loctite Epoxy, heat resistant to +150 deg c. See how that works.

Regards Guy

Update... Loctite Epoxy has worked , no problems..

Edited by Jersey Royal