exhaust system for a v8

I am thinking of purchasing a new exhaust system for my 4.6. Stainless steel. The existing heath robinson arrangement is starting to blow. The problem is I don't know which one wil fit. This car's previous owner hand fabricated the down pipes from the manifolds to squeeze in the power steering. Can anyone advis of the diameter of the exhaust where it meets the down pipes, and how far apart these down pipes should be? (not that I can move them)

In my previous 3,5 I had an S&S s/s twin pipe 4 box and h pipe balance which worked a treat, wonder if this would do the same.

Any help appreciated, Car in the bodyshop getting ready for the summer.

Jo.

Jo

Your best bet would be to give S+S a ring - they're generous with free advice, and will almost certainly be able to fix you up with what you need.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Guess I will give them a call. Probably need to take the car there. Dorset to S&S and back, that'll be my limited mileage blown in a weekend!

Appreciate the advice.

Jo

I found the answer was in the engine mounting brackets on the subframe, S&S were able to ID there's by the shape of the fabrication, or whether modified or genuine subframe, this determined whos manifolds fitted.

BTW they are very very helpful.

Chris