timing metering unit

Hi think I`m losing the plot I just fitted new engine in my 6 but she`s not running right I think the metering unit is timed wrong I followed the manual set dizzy as they say but to my thinking the m/u is 180 out i checked no 6 inj and that shows almost a complete hole when no6 is firing this cant be right ? can it? it runs but is a pig to start and it`s not running right tried playing around with timing but no dif can any one offer some help please or does anyone know of someone around northampton milton keynes that I could talk to

Hi think I`m losing the plot I just fitted new engine in my 6 but she`s not running right I think the metering unit is timed wrong I followed the manual set dizzy as they say but to my thinking the m/u is 180 out i checked no 6 inj and that shows almost a complete hole when no6 is firing this cant be right ? can it? it runs but is a pig to start and it`s not running right tried playing around with timing but no dif can any one offer some help please or does anyone know of someone around northampton milton keynes that I could talk to

When I replaced my MU I was warned by the gurus at TRGB to disconnect coil to stop it burning out , turn ignition on ie get fuel pump working , leave for 45 mins, essentially this is to clear air locks etc. OK I didnt believe them either aand yes symptoms were similar to yours. Needless to say having followed instructions , car started immediately and ran perfectly from then on. Simple eh !

Should be timed with No 1 at TDC on the fireing stroke and No 6 injector with half a hole in the rotor visible.

Regards

John.