Would you lie about your TR7?

I've viewed 5 cars during the last two weeks - all of them were advertised as 'rust free' - and all were rusty. Why did they lie? Did they think that when I see the vehicle I would suddenly not be worried about the rust? Bearing in mind I spoke to all the vendors on the telephone outlining exactly what I am looking for (a rust free TR7) - I find it very annoying when I spend hours hacking up and down the M11 only to be confronted by another rotten car! :angry:

While I'm at it I shall also have a rant about the line "...well they're all rusty mate, it's what they're like!..." Utter rubbish! Plenty of people restore/renovate these things - there's several totally rust-free examples in this club for starters! This is all before we even start to talk about the price btw! Anyway, thanks for listening - rant over! :)

Edited by Mad Zero

Hi MZ

I think it is a matter of perception one mans rusty old car is another mans pride and joy. It is frustrating to go and view a car that is apparently "rust free" only for it to turn out to be a dud.

Of course if you are looking for a totally restored rust free car it will command a higher price than the normal.

But has you say they are about but I think you have to have a lot of patience and wasted time but hang on in there and I am sure you will be rewarded.

Best of Luck

Phil.

Cheers mate - and yes, I'll be hanging in there to the bitter end! :)

I should've mentioned in my original post that there have been several people who were totally up front about their vehicles and saved me a journey - don't want to imply that all who responded were time-wasters, far from it!