I adapted this set-up of necessity, due to a very small garage, ie having to elevate the body shell and move on the rig’s castors, while working on the prefabricated chassis. Hopefully, someone may also find this useful. I might add that I set up a block and tackle overhead rig too, and could provide the necessary items as well, if requested.
For this rig, and the other items listed here for sale too, buyers would need to collect (nr Dorchester, Dorset)
The summary below relates to the individual photo items shown. The list below has brief descriptions only and indicates prices, but please ring or email me, for detailed information of each Lot, plus more images required.
1. Customised ‘two adjustable height Trestle arrangement’ comprising an additional 4 heavy duty castored panel on one end (had one for the other end but can’t locate it). £55
2. Two bakers trolley panels, strong steel and castors, for moving engine block or axle etc (one is bent, but still useable, or unbendable?) £28
3. My original 1955 TR2 non-overdrive gearbox (rebuilt by me-see newsletter no.2) which was still functioning when replaced by a later o/d box. £148
4. 2 small and 2 larger old but strong axle stands. £15 the four.
5. Two 10” Girling rear back plate assemblies £16 the pair
6. Brand new, unpacked as yet, special Steering Conversion Kit. (bought in anticipation)
NB This kit converts worm and peg, to rack and pinion steering, while, attractively, allowing the original Horn Push and Indicator lever to continue to operate, thus preserving originality.
S/RACK CONV RH SHRT COL
STEERING COLUMN TOP2/3
BRACKET SUPPORT-STEERING COL RHD
CLAMP STEERING BRACKET TR2-3A
UPPER COLUMN KIT
The whole kit at the time cost me £930, but I will take best offer over £550.00 without STEERING COLUMN CONTACT RING (commutator ring assy), with STEERING COLUMN CONTACT RING, please add an additional £120.00.
I will unpack and spread out the contents of this kit for photographic scrutiny, if you are interested.
Please call Malcolm on 07486 380 389 or contact via the enquiry form.
This advertiser has requested that enquires must come from TR Register members only.
Please log in to contact Malcolm Rayner