Don't Forget - the Kennet Valley Mid Monthly - Summer Trip and Audience with Stuart Turner
Starting with a Summer trip through Berkshire, Wiltshire & Gloucestershire countryside, Kennet Valley TR Group will join Glavon, White Horse, Brunel & Wyedean Groups at Down Ampney Village Hall for a picnic lunch.
There attendees will receive a talk by Stuart Turner, Stuart was a champion navigator for the first 2 years of the British Rally Championship and winner of the Autosport award as BTRDA Gold Star navigator for 3 consecutive years, later in his career he became Sports Editor for Motoring News, he will detail his motor sport related career during his talk.
Stuart is a very entertaining and amusing speaker with tales of his long and distinguished career in motorsport from the 1950s as a successful navigator in, amongst other things, TR2 and TR3.
AGENDA for the DAY:
- 10:00am: Gather at the Angel, Woolhampton (Open for coffee if you want?)
- 10:30am: Depart on the Summer trip (circa 2 hours)
- 1.00pm: Picnic lunch at Down Ampney Village Hall (bring your own)
- 2.00pm: An Audience with Stuart Turner (Part 1)
- 2.40pm: Break for approximately 20 minutes
- 3.00pm: An Audience with Stuart Turner (Part 2)
- 3.40pm: Questions & Answers
- 4.00pm: Refreshments (proceeds in aid of the TS2 Restoration Fund)
TICKET PRICE: £6.00 per person (Now it's Pay on the day), please make cheques payable to KVG.
Please fill in the application form and email and bring it with you, download it here: An-Audience-with-Stuart-Turner-23-7-17.pdf
Here is the suggested route, it is not timed, not competitive, not a race, just a leisure run to Down Ampney Village Hall, please drive carefully and within the UK laws and speed limits: Down-Ampney-.pdf
If you want to join in along the route, please let me know at Group Leader Email
If you can donate some cake, scones, cream and jam for the afternoon tea it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.