TR4A wiring loom

Hi everyone

this is my first post since selling my TR6, I am now trying to get a TR4A back on the road, the wiring loom had been carefully stored for 8???years but I am getting nowhere with it. Can anyone tell me of a supplier to give me a fighting chance of hitting the road for summer!??

Cheers

Hello Jobby and welcome

Try Moss: http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/MossUK/

TR4A RHD Main Loom: Cloth or PVC bound part numbers are - 307235CL and 307235 respectively. For LHD, just replace the last digit (5) with a 4.

Enter the part numbers above onto their on-line ordering system for the prices - this is the quickest way to get prices even if you then don't buy!

Regards

Andrew

Hi Jobby,

You could also try

http://www.autosparks.co.uk/

or

The Wiring Harness Co. Tel 01332 810052

or if you just want bits to repair your own loom

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/V...epage/home.html

Cheers

Graeme

If it is just a case of having trouble fitting the loom the Haynes Tr2-4a has a fairly good wiring diagram and it has also fairly good fault finding and rectification procedures for all those bits that although you know you have put the right wires in the right place the things still do not work. If the car has been immobile for a long time the various electrical contacts on all sorts of bits of equipment may have degraded so you will have to go through everything that does not work individually and get them going. I am in the process of doing this myself on a 4a at the moment, it takes time but every time something new bursts into life it is also very satisfying.

Cheers

Alan  :D

Alan,Jobby,

Please be aware that the wiring diagram in Haynes and the original workshop manual only reflect the TR4. The only place I have seen the correct TR4A wiring diagram is in the glovebox type handbook.

Graeme

Jean

Thanks for the warning. I actually found out myself when trying to troubleshoot the wiper motor on a friends TR4a. One of the differences between a 4 and 4a where wiring is concerned. I downloaded the excelent wiring diagram on the website you mention and sorted the problem. Burnt out wiper motor due to one of the windscreen wiper trunniions being full of really old grease which had hardened and made the wiper motor burn out with the effort of turning the trunion. Also took out the wiring for the heater fan at the same time as this was the nearest handy route to earth

after the wiper motor had fused.

Dont you just love these high amp DC circuits :P:P:(