Dash tip? not for the purist.

Now I dont mind spending on the bits that count, steering, brakes etc etc, But cosmetics can be expensive and corners can be cut.

My second hand Dash top was cheap but had been used in a wooden facia application in its previouse life.

When the dash was offered up to bolt on, there was a 5mm area all along the top which had been crushed by the wood

dash leaving a crushed mess visible, Initially I folded a length of vinyl around a piece of rubber and bolted the dash in, it

wasnt good as it hardly covered the area I was trying to conceal. A visit to a local shop found me a length of polished alloy 2.5mm thick by 20mm wide.

I bent this over the dash top lip, recovered the roll of vynil, over a 2 core electric cable a little thicker than the first one.

The results are better the alloy supports the vinyl "tube", pretty much covering the area concerned. I might make an even thicker tube but it could then look too much.

Unless you have any other ideas?

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05678.jpg

nice one pete,is this the one we talked about ?

looks good to me,it was worth being a boy scout all those years !

cheers,

conrad.

Good job Pete. I'd leave as is and highly individual but reasonably subtle

Mal

Great job Pete, it looks factory ! I'm tempted myself.

Mick Richards