Searching for TR2 color code

Hi,

Alex Smit, a member of the french TCF has a request.

One of his friends, a member of the Dutch TR Register would like to get in touch with Bernard Gas, the owner of TR2 TS 2769LN which appeared in TRaction Issue 255, page 21 (january 2012). This Dutch gent would like to know the color code of this grey/green TR2.

I know this is quite a continental tour for a request, but if anybody can help .... just give the info here, I'll send it to Alex who will send it to his friend who will call Mr Paintjob who will ....

Badfrog

PS: This is serious, not the usual mexican airforce stuff ...

Edited by Badfrog

Hi Alex & Jean Francois,

There might be a chance that Vincent Paccellieri can point you in the right direction concerning which colour (Pea green) and Betrand's adress.

He and Bertrand where both in competion during the IWE concours at Harrogate last year.

I both send you a PM !

Regards - Raymond

Edited by sidescreen

I do not receive TRaction but is the grey/green or pea green mentioned the Ice Blue used on the early TR2s? My TS981L was born with and currently wears Ice Blue. I have the Dupont formula that I will share.

Lou Metelko

Aubrn, Indiana

USA

I do not receive TRaction but is the grey/green or pea green mentioned the Ice Blue used on the early TR2s? My TS981L was born with and currently wears Ice Blue. I have the Dupont formula that I will share.

Lou Metelko

Aubrn, Indiana, USA

Thanks Lou, I'll pass the info.

Badfrog

Hi Badfrog,

It's always difficult to look at paintcolors on pictures , but to me, the photo you showed is more grey-ish than the ice-blue.

I have seen tr2' with the ice blue color and it looks more bright and green.

This one is in the daylight, but you can see it's really different:

http://files.concept...DV-07-CC_02.jpg

Unfortunately I don't know the grey paint code.

Edited by EdwinTiben

I think the colour is actually a Malines factory (Belgium) own colour or one of the rest of the Triumph range at the time as they would paint them any colour you like. Having seen the car a few time its not a colour you are very likely to see on anything else thats for sure. ;)

Stuart.

That post by Edwin Tiben of a TR2 with the Indiana plate - 54 TR2 - is my beloved TS981L. That colour is very difficult to duplicate on film for depending on available light it will be white in bright sun, light green in shade but dappled shade will show a hint of blue. The hood and interior is Geranium as original. Don't recognize what show it was attending but the registration plate is from 2007. Here in the states an owner can custom order the registration plate for a small fee and must be renewed each year.

Lou Metelko

Auburn, Indiana

USA