NEED HELP WITH THE FORUM?

These days you can just drag & drop into the area below where it says "Drag files to attach" etc. that puts them in what was called "my Media". to then put them ito your post click on the + sign at the lower left of the photo.

Bob.

• 2 years later...

Yes the log-ins are separate Mike.  I see you are only listed as a 'registered user'. If you have joined the Register recently ( as opposed to just the forum) it can take a time for that to be changed, so sometimes it's necessary to contact the office to sort things out.

Edited by RobH

Hi Rob, I'll do that. I reset my password but still can't get in. I joined the club last November. Given that this isn't a free club such as Pistonheads, for example, the fact I've paid to be a club member and still can't access the facilities has really annoyed me. I was trying to register for Gaydon, so when I was told I was temporarily banned for 15 minutes, my initial reaction was "well stuff you, I'll just go somewhere else 'cos there's plenty of choice". :-)

Not a friendly introduction to the club, that's for sure. 

Hi Mike, I apologise on behalf of the club for the poor introduction you have received. As Roger says, please contact Jo and she will fix it. We have the actions in hand to merge the two different platforms (website and forum) into just one with a single login and a fully automated membership sales process. We are hopeful this will be in place in the not too distant future so nobody has to repeat your experience.

Welcome to the forum and club.

Mick

Hi Guys,

Sorted it. A bit embarrassed.

I'd registered for the forum a little while ago. It's only when I tried to book for Gaydon a a couple of days ago that I noticed that this doesn't register for the website itself. I go to register and the two blank fields are autofilled with my forum detail, but these are unrecognised. Try re-setting password but doesn't work, and after a couple more attempts I find I'm  'banned due to too many invalid login attempts' which I found very annoying. 

I got the impression that I needed different log-in details for forum and website, but I now realise that's not the case. 

In the meantime I register for the Triumph Experience website without problems.

This morning I try the Register again and get banned again. Tried a bit later and then I saw it - the autofilled log-in details uses my forum id - Mike B75 - when it's my email address that is required. Pop that in and hey presto.

Don't know why it took me two days to see that but I seem to be having more difficulties like this nowadays. I mean, I'm 62 which I prefer to think is not that old, but I just don't seem to notice these things anymore :angry: 

Anyway, I'm in now, look forward to meeting up with you all. :)

Hello Mike,

I’m not sure what sort of TR you have, but if it’s a side screen, then, at 62 years old, you are a mere youngster compared to other Sidescreen forumites. (I think some of them are well over 80, and many are in their 70s)

Charlie.

• 1 year later...

If I want to post a hyperlink, I can do so using "Paste" or "Paste as".

The first just puts the text of the link, EG (11) Towing a trailer can be dangerous with the wrong weight distribution - YouTube

The second posts an actual hyperlink EG 

Seems the wrong way around!

John

• 5 months later...

My postbox is full, so the site tells me that I cannot send any new PMs.   I can and have sent supplementary messages to existing conversations, which is what I wanted but clearly I must do some pruning, especially as some are 5 years old.

Is there a way to flag messages by age?   And then delete the oldest?  Please advise!

John

I have just done this myself, as I had the same message.

Go to your messages select inbox, & all you messages appear. Scroll down to the bottom, then tick the check box on them, working up the list as far as you want to go  then delete all those checked 

Bob 

• 5 months later...

A friend asked about how to join the TR4/4A forum. I initially was going to send him the link shown in the attached first picture. However when I tried it myself, the page it took me to (second picture), doesn't have a “Community” tab. Is there a different process to join that forum? Or is it only available if you are a TR Registry member?

thanks

Jim

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg