WANTED - TR4A Tow Bar Assembly

The V8 Lady will be looking to haul a mini caravan behind DRN 4D once it's up on the road again, and yours truly has popped his clogs and cleared off this mortal coil.

Let's be fair, I wouldn't be seen dead in a caravan . . . . . :D

Any road up, it would seem sensible to fit a tow bar now whilst the chassis is devoid of bodywork . . . . I have tow ball and electrical plates and gubbins lying around, it's just the actual tow bar itself that I'm looking for.

If anyone has a really decent item, new or used, which they'd like to exchange for folding stuff then I'd be a potential customer.

By decent I mean clean and straight and no rusty welds . . . . . I've seen in the past just how easily some towbars will split asunder once rust gets in the welds, with inevitably catastrophic result. As far as I'm concerned, a rusty tow bar is strictly skip fodder, not something to waste time on.

Cheers

Alec

Let's be fair, I wouldn't be seen dead in a caravan . . . . . :D

Cheers

Alec

Ha ha Alec

Be careful what you say. Perhaps Mrs P has plans to take you on tour to visit all the old haunts and say hello to all your new (and old) friends and supporters ????

Very nice to see that you are still posting. Gave us a bit of a scare this week.

Look after yourself.

H

Hi Hamish,

she's keen on the Chapman philosophy applied to caravans, as in build in more lightness . . . . .

I guess I might rate a handful of ashes in a Tupperware container ! :P

Cheers

Alec

Morbid I know but think youll get it.

I think you will be worth more than an oil spill kit !!!!

Soooo glad you are still posting ????????

H

Ps if you make it to castle Combe you are very welcome to a few laps in the right seat of my 3a. I am sure something could be arranged ..........

Edited by Hamish

Or make your own (or get someone local to make), just need some angle iron, & 4 exhaust clamps

post-12009-0-04051500-1521897454_thumb.jpg post-12009-0-25256500-1521897464_thumb.jpg

I may be refitting this one (made in 1970's) to tow a trailer containing a BBQ to the IWE

After a bit of re-furbing first of course !

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

The TR2-4 tow bar that clamps to the 2 rear cross tubes are not really useable on an IRS as they only have 1 rear cross tube - and probably a lump of exhaust box cross ways silencer in the way. I guess the addition of a tow bar would strengthen the somewhat flimsy IRS chassis.

Peter W

The model from Watling bolts to the boot floor/rear valance only and ignores the chassis rails which I always thought odd. A piece of angle iron across the bumper irons can be hidden behind the bumper and gives extra security, but it is a pig to fabricate and fit.

Jerry