Picture required to support rebuild

Hi all

While I appreciate google and workshop manuals give valuable information its hard to beat going over someone elses complete car with a camara to take reference shots of the areas of interest, anywhere in Yorkshire would be ideal.

My car a is an early UK 1969 PI bought in bits and is currently undergoing a "welderthon" to the shell. Although all the major parts are present the interior apart from most of the dash/seats is missing as are many smaller items, There are other bits in boxes with no idea as to where they fit and I'm gradually collecting parts. So I'd love to have the opportunity to take some pics and have a chat to someone with a complete car or one in the throws of being restored following a strip down as I suspect he/she is going to be able help fill in a lot of the gaps.

Many Thanks

Andy

Andy

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/parts-accessories-catalogues/tr5-6-parts-catalogue-tr5002.htmlthis link will take you to a 264 page reference of parts , parts numbers and helpful technical advice , plus detailed schematics.Get hold of a paper version. Rimmers also do a slightly smaller version.

Contact you local Group and seek out the guys who have done TR6 restorations themselves.

Google searches , Images of TR6 engine bays , gearboxes ,brake systems, back axles ,overdrive , Pi systems , fuel pumps , etc , etc will get the grey cells working.

Posts on the Forum , either TR6 or technical section , with a photo of the unrecognised part will normally produce an answer... even if it's a " that never came off a TR6 " response. It does happen.

Combination of all the resources available to you will crack the problem and the guys and gals on the Forum are always up for a challenge.

Bob

Edited by bob-menhennett

Hi Andy

The things you've ask for as help will be endlessly useful, after all there is nothing like seeing one in the flesh so to speak.

But one web site i can thoughouly rcommend is Ed Hollingsworths at Bullfire.net .

http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-1/TR6-1.html

Ok its a US car so no Pi and various other differences but it is a wealth of info ideas and great pic's.

Certainly hepls me keep up the enthusiasm for a project. :)

Cheers

Keith

Hi Andy,

I found the Practical Classics Triumph TR6 Restoration guide invaluable when totally rebuilding my TR6 Body, I had to cut the body in half and repair front and back sections then remount on the repaired chassis with new floors/inner outer cills etc.All this is described in the guide.

I have a an very good copy that I wont use again. If your interested PM me.

Regards

Rich

Hi Andy,

Details of my 72TR6 rebuild are here

http://72tr6.blogspot.co.uk/

Depending upon where you are in the UK you are very welcome to take a look in the fresh.. currently sans engine..

Cheers

Tim

Hi Andy

The things you've ask for as help will be endlessly useful, after all there is nothing like seeing one in the flesh so to speak.

But one web site i can thoughouly rcommend is Ed Hollingsworths at Bullfire.net .

http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-1/TR6-1.html

Ok its a US car so no Pi and various other differences but it is a wealth of info ideas and great pic's.

Certainly hepls me keep up the enthusiasm for a project. :)

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith

Thanks for the point, found this site a while ago its a great resource and shows what can be done with a good tool kit. He seems to salvage and repair stuff most people would consider putting in the bin!

Andy

Hi Andy,

I found the Practical Classics Triumph TR6 Restoration guide invaluable when totally rebuilding my TR6 Body, I had to cut the body in half and repair front and back sections then remount on the repaired chassis with new floors/inner outer cills etc.All this is described in the guide.

I have a an very good copy that I wont use again. If your interested PM me.

Regards

Rich

Thanks already got one sat in the bathroom. Essential morning reading material!

Hi Andy,

Details of my 72TR6 rebuild are here

http://72tr6.blogspot.co.uk/

Depending upon where you are in the UK you are very welcome to take a look in the fresh.. currently sans engine..

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim thanks, but a bit far however I might come back to you if nothing more local pops up.

Great site! but after years of moding various cars I'm banned from doing anything to this one shame as I think it would suit a supercharger and EFI.

Andy

Edited by PodOne