One thing you will find is the available repros arent tall enough in the seal.

Stuart.

• 2 years later...

While fitting the new bonnet front seal today I noticed the large gap between seal and bonnet, it basically does not seal at all, see first pic. Sorry the pics are rotated 90 degrees (I was not able to rotate them)

A standard door seal would do a better job, as you can see in the 2nd pic.
Third pic shows new bonnet front seal (with lip) and door seal.

I have read repro seals are not very good (dimension wise), and so appears to be this one from Moss. 
I wonder if it hurts to leave it off; a proper seal will further increase under-bonnet temperatures,  but could get more dirt/water in the engine bay. Any thoughts?

The door seal would give a reasonable small gap, but also still not be compressed by the bonnet when closed.

The gap between bonnet and front valence  upper lip measures 19-20 mm on my car.

Thanks,
Waldi

308AE697-B0BD-4F9E-A77C-C9DFCACFD95F.jpeg

9D6A6F49-61C3-40B7-82E8-CA7C022A2565.jpeg

6D2B3418-11BE-424A-B719-DFB6509E4019.jpeg

Edited by Waldi
Removed double picture
1 hour ago, Waldi said:

While fitting the new bonnet front seal today I noticed the large gap between seal and bonnet, it basically does not seal at all, see first pic. Sorry the pics are rotated 90 degrees (I was not able to rotate them)

A standard door seal would do a better job, as you can see in the 2nd pic.
Third pic shows new bonnet front seal (with lip) and door seal.

I have read repro seals are not very good (dimension wise), and so appears to be this one from Moss. 
I wonder if it hurts to leave it off; a proper seal will further increase under-bonnet temperatures,  but could get more dirt/water in the engine bay. Any thoughts?

The door seal would give a reasonable small gap, but also still not be compressed by the bonnet when closed.

The gap between bonnet and front valence  upper lip measures 19-20 mm on my car.

Thanks,
Waldi

308AE697-B0BD-4F9E-A77C-C9DFCACFD95F.jpeg

9D6A6F49-61C3-40B7-82E8-CA7C022A2565.jpeg

6D2B3418-11BE-424A-B719-DFB6509E4019.jpeg

This might be a better fit https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1364/mud-flap-push-on

Stuart.

Thank you Stuart, I had seen you recommending that seal before. Is the 20 mm gap I measure “normal”? 
I’ve never ordered from Woolies, so this will be my first one, let’s see what-else they may have of interest :).

I gave most seals replaced already.

Cheers,

Waldi

Thanks Neil,

unfortunately my car did not have the original item installed when I bought it. 
Cheers,

Waldi