Hello all,

Newbee here - so expect lots of daft questionssmiling smiley

Brill website, been having fun reading through posts ect.

My TR6......where ta start...

Bought this over here in Germany and have been restoring for some time.

The TR6 was imported from UK in 1982 and has since been stood in a garage in Holland after the owner died.

Now I have it and have started work.

Before I can get any paperwork I have to apply for the tech. details as originally specified when leaving the factory - yeh, I know.....but that's the German authorities for ya...

Anyway, I paid the 120 pounds! and received the documents required quickly and efficiently.

The TRs VIN is CC54453L and within the docs it states it left the factory in May 1970 as an original PI model and right hand drive.

I always thought the CCs were Strombergs and US models?

It is also now left hand drive, but the previous owner could have done that I suppose.

Would be grateful for any ideas or input from yas, feeling unsure.......

Cheers, Mark.

Hello Mark. My understanding was that CC engines were low compression, destined for North America, and due to the spacing of the inlet ports, it is physically impossible to install the pi system. I look forward to hearing the actual truth on this. Good luck. Austin

Welcome,

Your Vin number seems about right for a 1970 car but CC is for Carburettor cars whereas CP is for PI cars. The CR engine is the later 125BHP jobby.

At the end of the day though, does it matter, it is what it is. So long as the paperwork allows you to register it in Germany what is the problem?

If you need help in more detail, best join the Register and then contact the TR6 Registrar.

I sent Mark over here to ask his questions. I figured Derek G. may have some thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

Walt

Edited by Sapphire72

Hello Mark,

little unclear....do you want the car registered in Germany ? Why don't you post this on German TR Forum (TR-Freun.de) asking this question?

The TÜV wants to see a commissionnumber (in your case CC54453L) somewhere on the frame, (mine is stamped in the frame right side, behind the wheel). Original plates on Left Front Wing or Leftfront B Post may cause you unnecessary discussions. I printed of the Triumph Specifications from Triumph Register Germany and gave this to my TÜV guy. He didn't care about the engine. However, you can also talk before hand with the TÜV and ask what they are willing to accept and require. It's very much depending on the person! Just as a note, yes, when you have a PI engine with more BHP, you should have your "Zulassungsschein" edited to reflect this increase in power. This is what the Weber guys do. Since the power increase between Carburator and PI is from a specification point of view (106 vs 150 or 125) obvious.

Jochem

Mark,

Did you use British Motor Museum for your copy of the build records? https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates

I am surprised at the price you paid, and also the errors in the certificate. However, this would not be the first time that mistakes have been made.

Personally, I would return to the information provider and raise your queries and, if not British Motor Museum, I would obtain your copy of the build records from them. These are recognised by the DVLA - the UK vehicle registration authorities.

David

Thanks for all the input!

I think I will get a heritage certificate ordered and see what's stated.

To answer a few questions from Jochen (Thanks for the info by the way)

I asked these questions on a UK site as I am British, the TR6 is British so why ask on a German site:)

Although I live in Germany I am also a member of the UK Stag Owners Club.

I feel the network and interest in classic cars in uk is totally different, think I'm burning bridges now so time to stop:))

I do speak to my MOT or TUV station before entering into any daft projects so no worries there, my Vin is also on the chassis - front left.

And I think your right, who cares as long as I can get it going and registered and enjoyed, as they say 'A TR will do a hell of a lot of smiles per gallon'!!