Fuel pump . finding!

Hi

I was planning on taking tank out and replacing but thought whilst there check pipes etc.

So, and I know I am a rookie here but where is my fuel pump? I attach a few pics. Note, looked under carriage and pipe comes through and heads to engine bay. Second note, it looks like there is a pump in the actual engine bay (which I thought was in the boot). Apologies if I am being dim

Aldo am confused on pipes heading to the right chamber which is riveted.

.post-14945-0-08661600-1519406568_thumb.jpgpost-14945-0-73617600-1519406573_thumb.jpg

post-14945-0-96967400-1519544402_thumb.jpg

post-14945-0-83579900-1519544407_thumb.jpg

Edited by AarhusTr6

A US car will have an engine driven fuel pump attached to the engine below the distributor. A PI car would have the electric pump located on the bracket shown in your second photo.

The chamber in your first photo is something to do with US emissions regs.

Cheers

Graeme

But I am very curious on what is in the right hand side chamber the pipes go into. (pic 1477)

Nothing, its an expansion tank for excess fumes from the tank, one pipe in from the side of the filler cap and one pipe out that goes to the front to the engine bay and into the charcoal canister there.Typical US emissions setup.

Stuart.

Hi

So is there a box of charcoal behind it?

No its an empty tank for fume expansion, the charcoal is in the container in the engine compartment

Stuart.