I wonder if anyone out there could help me locate a couple of parts for my car, 1968 TR5.

Firstly a pair of original door pulls, in useable condition but could be asking the impossible there! None of the usual suspects are able to help at the moment.

Secondly the bracing bracket that is welded between the o/s inner wing to the wheel arch on the engine bay side, part no 623589. photo attached (this is the n/s bracket)and currently listed as nca in all catalogues.

Many thanks,

Tim

post-14286-0-10911300-1517920523_thumb.jpg

Hi Tim , do you mean the vinyl ones on top of the doors...if so I can help.

Also I am looking for the very same brackets for the inner wings, they call them lifting eyes or something similar.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Thats a lifting eye and try Revingtons as they did have some last time I needed one.

I have a right hand door pull that is original but it has a very small knick just below the handle if thats any good?

Stuart.

post-3753-0-98939200-1517928997_thumb.jpg

post-3753-0-36436100-1517928999_thumb.jpg

TRF have the door pulls:

http://trf.zeni.net/TR4-GB/index.php?page=159

I was told the bracket in question was used as a lifting eye for the assembly line. Serves no function otherwise, but a decent metal man could fabricate them easily enough ( my concourse car got new inner front wings so new brackets were fab'd and they are conspicuously cleaner than originals - no visible welds ):

post-1059-0-30341600-1517952047_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

Harry, what is the modification needed?

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Tim,

Just picked this up. The TR6 ones have a dog leg either side of the hole.You just cut these off leaving a i/4' return from the edge either side.If you have one in your hand and view the original on a TR5 and early TR6 you will then understand.

Regards Harry

Thanks for that Harry. Sourced one from Revingtons which is a mirror image on the one fitted to the n/s wing so I guess it is the correct 5 part.

Thanks,

Tim