I like my Aldi version

+1

Roger

ps it must be 5 years old at least! not used all the time

Hope you don't think we are Micky taking (see what I did there) Pete

But also the Lidl charger will charge up to 120 amp battery against the AA 100 amp and the Lidl charger has a self varying charge between .8 to 3.8 amp charge battery dependant whereas AA charger only charges at 1 amp taking 100 hours (self evidently) to charge a 100 amp battery from flat.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

I wonder if the 0.8A minimum from the Lidl charger might be too much? That'll be about 10 watts dissipated in the battery, constantly - at least it won't freeze!

I use an Aldi one myself, but they aren't always available so I thought I'd share the link, as it's cheaper than the C-Tek.

Pete

I have the ctek battery maintainer which was essential for my old E Merc ( now probably a taxi somewhere ). The battery would be flat after just over a week of non use. I now use this on the Porsche, which requires a good battery charge to let you get in and start - like a lot of cars with electric interfaces you don’t want a flat battery and all the resets.

I bought another ctek awhile ago, different connectors, for my wife’s Micra and the TR.

The TR doesn’t normally need a charge, but it does have a full isolation switch.

One Ctek is over 10 years old and no probs at all and the other is over 5 years old. Again no probs.

I used a Ctek for a couple of years - but no longer. Car is in regular use all year round so probably not needed but I used it anyway. Not so long ago, we had a very sudden very cold night and when I went to use the car the next day, the battery was almost flat. This despite the fact that over all those months, all the indications on the Ctek showed all was OK - including when I went to the car that day.

Nothing is guaranteed.