Piping around door trim panel

Hi colleagues

So I have the door inner vinyl panels off for a re-build of the window winders.

The previous guy had a piping around the very edge of the vinyl panel, is this correct? Its 6/7mm plastic and then tacked all around the edge of the vinyl panel but I cant see if this was his idea, if this is correct - - or maybe re-use his idea! The piping he used is really in-usable again, and I think I get the idea, ie make a neater seal around the edge.

Has anyone got experience here?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm rebuilding a TR4 and coming to the end very soon - honest.

The interior is matador red. The body is Royal Blue (#56) and I think it looks rather nice.

The rear interior is all fitted and have become rather irritated by the white piping around various edges and through the wheel arch.

I removed the vertical piping from the 'B' post panels and they look much neater.

I will be getting a new set of covers etc and starting again with out the piping.

Give it some thought which way to go.

Roger

Hi Rich

Piping is correct though it does sometimes look like a cake maker has gone around all the edges with the icing tool.

Problem is it's everywhere including the seat edges, so it might look a bit incongruous if some parts are removed and other bits stay, but for strict originality piping was the order of the day.

Kevin

Contrast is very good on some colours but not on others, its a personal choice of course.

My panels are tan and I bought them from a chap who wanted Black ones.

He had removed the piping because he couldn't get it to fit properly.

In this instance I think the same colour looks OK, but again, its your car.

post-4234-0-72544900-1515840157_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-63309800-1515840190_thumb.jpg

post-10723-0-02051700-1516367892_thumb.jpg

Great input, will stick safe . . ie black and keep piping. Any tips on fixing? Staples seem oh so yesterday . . . !

Rich

Just to further whet your appetite, here is a photo of my 4 with black and white piped interior. Personally I think this combination looks the dogs do dahs!

cheers

Rich