Looking for a hardtop part / welding solution

The guys who did my TR3A in the past are busy restoring a one-owner-since-new 1970 TR6. The car came with an original hardtop. The metal rail below the rear window has some holes. What's the easiest (but correct!) way to repair this? Is this part available from the various suppliers? Tips, hints etc. are welcome.

Menno

E1_C4_C1_B4-_D7_C9-4_C15-_A270-_E3371_E1

Edited by Menno van Rij

Hi Menno,

Looking at the picture you have uploaded I would think the solution will be to cut out the rot and let in new steel with repair sections. I don't think these are readily available as 'new panels' so it might be a case for your repair shop to make them up using cardboard templates.

Good luck with the restoration and great to see another TR6 complete with its original factory hard-top.

Best Regards, Peter

The guys who did my TR3A in the past are busy restoring a one-owner-since-new 1970 TR6. The car came with an original hardtop. The metal rail below the rear window has some holes. What's the easiest (but correct!) way to repair this? Is this part available from the various suppliers? Tips, hints etc. are welcome.

Menno

E1_C4_C1_B4-_D7_C9-4_C15-_A270-_E3371_E1

Out of interest is it a steel frame or aluminium alloy?