TR6 Handbrake Improover

Hi Guys,

Has anybody had experience of the hand brake improover offererd by 'Tony Hart Stag Parts' as sold on e-bay. The claim is that when fitted it lessons the effort required to set the handbrake on TR's, Stags etc. The reason why I ask is whilst I have no problem with the handbrake on my TR6, my better half finds it difficult though especially when hill starting in traffic.

From the picture on e-bay seems a simple design but cant quite work out how it would be fitted. Looks very simple to make at home, quite expensive to buy at around £40 inc postage.!

Any views/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

it increase the length of the arm so for a constant input the (pull) force on the shoes is greater. It works.

The new arm simply locks onto the old arm with a pin in the old cable attachment hole - very simple.

You could make it but will it work as well. Save the time and buy one. They are very good

The only negative is that the adjustment needs to be more ideal all the time. But not normally a problem

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Ian Cornish provided a write up on an improved handbrake lever part which was published in TR Action last year (ish) He might be along shortly to point you in the right direction........

Regards

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, can anybody post a link/download the article previously in TR Action which evaluates the handbrake improver which is referred to above? Thanks Rich