Draft excluder?

Hi

I am trying to locate online, as I cannot find the Moss catalogue a fitting that may go into the body above the door where it meets the area behind the dashboard (sorry, there must be an easier way to say this...). It is possible a draft excluder. When I looked to the underside of the body where it meets the front of the door there are a number of holes, which I assume are meant to take something, but what is it?

Camilo

From memory:

There is a fuzzy seal where the door meets the A-post, and

There is a rubber seal where the top of the door meets the scuttle

(with clips that are located in the body - I think these are the holes

to which you refer)

AlanR

I used an adhesive seal from Phoenix Trim

http://phoenixtrim.co.uk/sponge-rubber-br-self-adhesive-br-srs-126-br-price-per-metre-576-p.asp

It works brilliantly, doesn't need the clips ( if paint is clean and grease free) and also works on the door bottoms and forward return.

This is the seal that goes on the under side of the scuttle to seal the door top edge as shown by Bobs link. No clips required

Iain

Edited by iain

From memory:

There is a fuzzy seal where the door meets the A-post, and

There is a rubber seal where the top of the door meets the scuttle

(with clips that are located in the body - I think these are the holes

to which you refer)

AlanR

Hi Alan

Do you knwo what part numbers are the rubber seals and clips?

A post Gripped between the metal panel of the bulkhead side and the carpet/card trim cover - staple to trim board. . B post it is tacked to the fibre twist in the B post inner. Trim then goes over it.

Called furflex - choose the colour you want https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/category/40/draught-excluder

Rubber seals and clips are on the Rimmer's link in the post #3 above.

Cheers

Peter W

Sorry Bob and thank you Peter

I thought those parts belonged to the door. Now I see the clips go into the body at the top of the door (whatever that's called)...

Its not original on a early tr2, but i retro fit them to have a better seal than the draft excluder only.

The rubber has to go down a failry end into the doorpost.

1v7a-yDoHhyFJHOoLVH5LnA6_6j-jO9KyldFvUzL

Hi Qim.

Try the Moss catalogue which shows a picture and the part numbers/

1. 2 x 603257 rubber seals
  2. 14 x 552901 clips to fit into the holes and secure the seal

I have a hard copy catalogue and the drawings and technical advice is very helpful. If you order the parts and request a catalogue you will find searching for parts much easier.

Good luck,

Richard & H.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the car in the bodyshop. I bought the draft exluders for the bottom of the ddors and the area between the front of tyhe door and the body, but now they ask me if there is not something to go at the rear of the door that acts also as a stop to prevent the door from rattlingI cannot see anything in the Moss catalogue.

Thanks

Edited by qim

The Moss site no longer seems to have the useful picture for body trim but what they sell is this stuff Camilo - furflex ( item 552877RED for you I think ).

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?search_group=8982&q=draught+excluder

It's 'P' shaped in cross-section and the flat bit is trapped by the trim panel behind the door opening, so that the round bit pushes on inside edge of the door. If you have the printed catalogue it's on page 130 item 6.

The Moss site no longer seems to have the useful picture for body trim but what they sell is this stuff Camilo - furflex ( item 552877RED for you I think ).

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?search_group=8982&q=draught+excluder

It's 'P' shaped in cross-section and the flat bit is trapped by the trim panel behind the door opening, so that the round bit pushes on inside edge of the door. If you have the printed catalogue it's on page 130 item 6.

There should be a length of fibre that is retained in the groove of the B post to inner 1/4 panel. it is about 10" long and 3/8 x 1/2 (250mm x 10 x 12) This you nail/tack the P shaped flat bit to to retain before fitting inner trim panel.

There was also a a very soft piece of diamond shaped rubber strip, mentioned in the parts book, I have never seen this fitted, but I guess it was supposed to be glued to the B post or door back edge.

Peter W