How much would you pay for the reg plate '5 TR'

Just seen this registration plate '5 TR' for sale on the register, 14/11/17 was aware it was on offer a few months agp but can't remember the sum, but it was thousands.

'4615 TR' is available on the net for £1,800, could see someone changing it to 461 5TR

Never been into personalised plates and curious what someone will pay for it.

Mike a quick trawl of the web and I found 5MX and 5GM asking prices in the range £18-£50....................K! clearly asking is one thing getting is another but guessing it won't go for less than the cost of a really expensive 6 or really cheap 5 also found 5F going for the bargain price of £5M !

Hi Mike,

low numbers and two letters are always expensive.

I was chasing HOG 1E a couple of years back and that went for 12.5K plus all the taxes. and the purchaser wasn't even a Hogie.

I spotted in Oxfordshire two years ago TR4 and it was on a BRG TR4.

5TR would be worth a kings ransom to a nerd

Roger

Like you Mike, I'm not interested in personalised plates myself. I like having the original plate.

But, as Roger says, for someone that is into that, they'll pay a pretty penny I'm sure. Me, I'd rather put the cash into getting my second TR.

Cheers, Darren

Hi

If of any interest, I sold TR125 a few years back (came off a TR5 I had)

Sold to a farmer in Hampshire for his 125 bhp TR6 I think it sold for £1,400.

I was told by Geoff? at Northern TR Centre where I had bought the 5 that it had

originally come off a hearse.

Ernest

Roger,

If you were in Hayes in the 1970’s you might have seen EMI 1 (Or was it 1 EMI), on some car or other. I worked for the medical division and complained to the Managing Director that it was a stupid waste of money. He told me I knew nothing about business.

Not long after that EMI Medical went bust….

Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

I was indeed in Hayes from '49 till today but sad to say I did not see EMI 1 or 1 EMI.

I did see MB 1 (Max Bygraves) over at Burnham Beeches.

And there was a lovely Ford Capri CLA 551 C.

Slightly off topic. On a dark winters early evening you could look across a common towards EMI and the massive plant was lit up like the Manhattan sky line, quite spectacular. I always promised myself to take a decent photo but never did because it would always be there

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Until fairly recently I had J300GJE which had fixing brackets strategically placed so it looked like my nickname. I've not put it on my current motor.

Wife has T13 PLT (tie pilot) and daughter has PH11SMA (Captain Phasma) to link in with our Star Wars charity costuming.

Edited by boogie

Roger,

If you were in Hayes in the 1970s you might have seen EMI 1 (Or was it 1 EMI), on some car or other. I worked for the medical division and complained to the Managing Director that it was a stupid waste of money. He told me I knew nothing about business.

Not long after that EMI Medical went bust.

Charlie.

My mum, Peggy Embury, worked for EMI Medical . Quite the place to be at the beginning of the invention of Body Scanners. A wonderful invention.

My Dad worked for EMI Varian, technician in the Clean Room, joint venture between USA and GB producing Missiles. Top Secret. Dad worked with Gold and Platignum on the final part of the war Head.

Edited by SuzanneH

My TWR's reg is, A 12 TWR. It came with the car but there's not a lot of them around so probably not worth much. I know it cost £500 in 1994.

Dave