Previous owner at NEC

A previous owner of my car saw it at the NEC on the Friday.

Recognised the registration as the car is diffent colour etc now.

I wasnt there Friday but a mate of his caught up with me on the Sunday and had these photos that I was able to take pictures of with my phone. I gave him my details so I hope we can share stories.

He was the second or third owner in the late 1960s /70s before selling it on to a chap who bumped it and selling it thus allowing Tony Thompson to rebuild it and enjoy it for over 40 years before I bought it.

Its great when connections such as these are made. The P.O. was so pleased to see it again and looking so good (well done Tony you are the one that rescued it after all - a great job

Was the extra gauge on the right of the dash for vacuum - not uncommon in those days.

Interesting that a visit to the seaside with the kids required jacket and tie in those days. However, when I was at Brunel in the early '60s, most of those in my Electrical Engineering group (including me) wore jacket and tie most of the time - I feel sure it's very different today!

Ian Cornish

Was the extra gauge on the right of the dash for vacuum - not uncommon in those days.

Interesting that a visit to the seaside with the kids required jacket and tie in those days. However, when I was at Brunel in the early '60s, most of those in my Electrical Engineering group (including me) wore jacket and tie most of the time - I feel sure it's very different today!

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian

Yes I think its is a vacuum gauge. Dont think its the same one though.

I admit I havent a clue what it shows ? It has a flexible pipe to the intake manifold and on this just behind the gauge is a screw clamp type fitting at would be adjusted to alter the suction thus the reading on the gauge.

This is the gauge today.

H

Edited by Hamish

Tony Thompson was a member of the Kent Group back in the early 70's,

and having made friends (still!) Tony used to pick me up in the TR on his

way to the odd TR meet at the Black Prince pub.I was so thoroughly impressed

by his driving skills, especially the negotiation of the roundabout just prior

to the BP carpark, that Tony seconded my application to join the Bugatti O.C.,

and subsequently doubled up driving at Prescott in my Allard for my very

first Hillclimb.It was wet, and he was soooo much quicker!

Happy days!

Roger M-E