Brands Hatch, 11/11/17

Simply splendid race yesterday!

In extremely wet, slippery conditions - the trucks had been racing the previous week so the track was covered in diesel - I had great pleasure in my Vitesse in pursuing Rob Roodhouse and Roy Chamberlain in thier TRs around the Brands Indy circuit, for so many great laps that I nearly missed the pit stop window. Three Triumphs in a row on circuit! Not often seen these days!

You can see splendid pics by David Stallard the photographer at http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/ClassicSportsCarClubCSCC/CSCC-2017/CSCC-Brands-Hatch-11-Nov-17/i-XWJfMRS

Nos.770 onwards, esp. 796 show the situation, although as David staioned himself at Clearways, the fast corner, we are more spread out. Around Druids it got particularly cosy!

Thanks, guys,for a great race!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Hi John,

It was a great race, really enjoyed it, my first time doing the full 40 minutes with pit stop, so was really chuffed that went well thanks to my daughter's expert help with the belts. I can still see images of your Vitesse looming large in my mirrors approaching Druids. It all went wrong for me there at the end of the 2015 season with a six month rebuild required so I was probably too cautious!

MSV should really get their knuckles rapped in my opinion...if they want to hold a truck racing meeting then save it until right at the end of the season maybe?

Looking forward to 2018 now.

Cheers

Rob

And we only got 30 mins thanks to them - but it did mean I could loom in your mirrors!

Without the track condition, you would have been well away from me, as every single time when we left Graham Hill Bend, I would floor it and you would disappear towards Clearways!

John

Hi,

Entertaining weekend!

As you say John, 3 triumphs in a row was good to see!

Shame about the track condition, too many spins and off's caused by it. Hope you didn't do any damage John?

I was there for both days as a mate's son is racing in the JEC rounds and although weather conditions on sunday were drier, the track was still very greasy in places and duly noted/commented on!

Looking forward to next season and hope the JEC & Swinging Sixties meets continue!

Atb

I was lucky, thank you, rog.

My next-door neighbour in the paddock, the yellow Sprite spent the time between qualy and race, panel-beating a wing and bonnet, and replacing a rear light cluster (provided by another competitor - aren't racers nice people!?) only to spin again in the race and smash BOTH rear wings.

My only breakage was a headlight, maybe from my excursion to the inside of Paddock Hill Bend where I pirouetted on the grass. The bonnet acquired a spray of mud, which must have contained a stone.

John