rear shockers for a 6

I have purchased a bolt on rear telescopic shock absorber kit from a gent, on BSTrade.

It seemed a good idea at the time.

Whats the general consensus of opinion regarding this type of kit.

Are you using one? etc etc.

post-4234-0-84607000-1509205654_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete,

the arms bolt onto the chassis where the lever dampers would have been - this is good.

It should work fine.

Be careful though. If you have a good deal of negative camber and then load the boot up you may find the tyres rubbing on the telescopic struts.

Roger

Pete. If they only bolt to the orignal two chassis points watch out for the top of the brackets moving forwards and backwards and fracturing the chassis plate. I had to bolt the top of the bracket to the body to prevent this. Peter

Pete,

Also worth checking the travel of the shocks once installed, but without the springs installed.

The rubber bump stops should limit the vertical travel of tge arms, not the length of the hydraulic shock absorbers.

Regards,

Waldi

Pete, wouldn't have them given.

As Peter mentioned had to repair a Group Members TR 6 chassis as he decribed just last week.

John.

It seems that they aren't really worth the effort to fit them so far.

It just seemed a way to "improve" the rear suspenders, obviously from the comments so far the suppliers of this mod haven't done their homework before marketing them.

It seems that they aren't really worth the effort to fit them so far.

It just seemed a way to "improve" the rear suspenders, obviously from the comments so far the suppliers of this mod haven't done their homework before marketing them.

Some suppliers have. The CTM brackets attach at a third point and are totally rigid. Colin also sells a specific (Koni) shock that is matched to work with his bracket.

It is like opening a can of worms.

Improvement can be beyond all expectations if done properly

but also fitting the wrong parts it can be a pain or dangerous.

I have two rules for every swap:

Always check the travel way of the lever with spring removed

Always combine the not rigid arms with softer telescopic dampers.

For motorsports I would use the three piece kit through the trunk like from Rimmers.

post-13092-0-08315300-1509623844_thumb.jpg

Kit one what is only fitted at the inner wing is not recommended for any purpose

The arms in the picture are earlier constructions like Bastuck did.

They are fully okay if proper torque of the two bolts is checked from time to time.

As the KONI normally are the shorter ones Bastuck sells with theses kity

again its strongly recommended to check the length of the dampers!

The racetorations kit with beautiful alloy brackets and matching spax shocks has served me well on two cars.

Steve

The racetorations kit with beautiful alloy brackets and matching spax shocks has served me well on two cars.

Steve

+1 had them on the car for 9 years now, no extra drilling into the body work, fit where the lever arms fit to the chassis, ;):D