Door Lock Change

Hi All

As part of the restoration of my latest project I needed to fit new door locks so I purchased from Moss the type with a back nut that prevents rotation. However when I received them the packet instructions said it was necessary to enlarge the hole in the door. This isn't a problem for me but before I do this as once I do there is no going back to the spring locating type has anyone had experience of doing this and had any problems with this type of lock?

Regards

Dex

I fit the ordinary locks but instead of using the location spring which is rubbish I use the lock plates that go on in place of it and brace the lock against a large washer inside the door skin. Moss Part number BHH973S

Stuart.

I have a pair of these lock plates (they came with a bunch of left-overs from another enthousiast) and always wondered what they were.

Waldi

They really help to stop the age old problem where the locks start to turn in the skin and eventually wear the skin so much that there is that much lost motion that you can hardly unlock the car. They also come with a rubber washer to seal against the skin.

Stuart.