TR3A Gearbox Breather

My gearbox/overdrive has recently appeared to have suddenly become little oily from what seems like small leaks from all four corners of the unit little drips here and there no obvious tell tail marks on the garage floor.My first thoughts are find the gearbox breather, question is does this transmission have a breather of any description as I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

there should be a breather on the OD

Have a look at this Moss WebCat picture.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/clutch-transmission-drivetrain/overdrives-components/gearbox-overdrive-conversions.html

Enlarge the pic and look for the RED cap. The breather is a cylindrical lump just above and to the right.

There is no harm in drilling a 1/8" hole at the forward nearside corner of the top cover. Fit a small split pin into the hole to keep it clear.

if there is pressure building up then the selector rod O rings can leak.. Replace these with 'Q' seals (P/No. Q112 or 4112)

Roger