Dash photos - 1971 LHD CP

Evening all,

My original RHD dash looked like the following photos. After hours on google images and supplier sites, I can't seem to find the symmetrical equivalent. They all seem to have extra warning lights above the steering column. Is this correct? I really want to keep the dash style of my old car (wood and instruments).

So does anyone have photos of a 1971 or thereabouts CP car but LHD (ideally French I guess)? Cheers

150732102382785.jpg

150732106515463.jpg

Also, the dash support from the lhd ex-US car donor car is pretty bent. Worth fixing or am I wasting my time? Thanks!

150732120095045.jpg

150732129299873.jpg

post-13554-0-28311100-1507365981_thumb.jpgpost-13554-0-47726300-1507366520_thumb.jpg

Hi Eli,

my 1970 LHD CP has the dash with two warning lights, both have a red lense (first pic, before re-veneering).

The 2nd picture shows the dash after re-veneering, I still need to find the 2 "stickers".

The 2 wind screen switches (wiper and wash) are rectangular, both should be black (not chrome as in the picture).

Later I carefully removed th chrome with a sharp mini knife and then polished it (I did not like the chrome).

I am not sure where my car was shipped to in 1970, but it is a Original LHD CP car, the heritage certificate confirms this.

Regards,

Waldi

Thanks guys. The new loom has the bulb holders for the warning lights so all good.

Nick, my old dash is long gone I'm afraid. The current lhd dash and dash support I have are from the ex-US shell. Please let me know about your steel dash, it's bloody frustrating not being able to start putting it all together!

Eli your dash doesnt look too bad to me, I would be inclined to repair it especially as once the wood dash and crash pads are fitted you wont see it again.

Stuart.

Eli your dash doesnt look too bad to me, I don't would be inclined to repair it especially as once the wood dash and crash pads are fitted you wont see it again.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

The front of the steel dash should be flat, shouldn't it? I'll see if I can bang and bend it back into shape

Thanks Stuart

The front of the steel dash should be flat, shouldn't it? I'll see if I can bang and bend it back into shape

They arent particularly strong anyway so it wont take much tapping to get back into shape and yes they should be flat with the return top and bottom.

Stuart.