Re-fitting original p700 headlights

Hi all.

I have a question regarding original headlights for the TR2.

I have found a set of genuine P700 tripods. Just the bowls and lenses though.

To fit them I decided I'd need the connector and correct bulb.

When I look at the Moss-europe site, there seems to be a connector and light (BPF).

But the description on the connector says "Sealed Beam" when I navigate to the item, which surely can't be right?

Does anyone know if the following items are the correct ones for P700s? The images displayed seem correct.

Part number: 27H2333

with light bulb(BPF for RHD car): GLB414

Dirk

Yes, the three flat pin connection on the sealed beam headlamps is the same as H4, & the BPF bulbs.

By the way you can get both Halogen BPF's & LED BPF's the latter are very good (I have some on my Hillman Aerominx)

Especially good if you are still running a dynamo.

Bob.

@Lebro.

Thank you for the LED idea! I did not know they made BPF ones. I do still have a dynamo so that would be great for lighting.

I watched a video of the difference and they seem perfect. I'll definitely try to find them.

Dirk

Yes, the three flat pin connection on the sealed beam headlamps is the same as H4, & the BPF bulbs.

By the way you can get both Halogen BPF's & LED BPF's the latter are very good (I have some on my Hillman Aerominx)

Especially good if you are still running a dynamo.

Bob.

That part number should be for the circular cup type connector that fits the original type BPF Bulb not the three pronged type. Check your parts catalogue.http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/electrical-system/lighting/headlamps-fittings-tr2-4a.html

Item number15

Stuart.

Edited by stuart