Orientation of oil pump/distributor drive bush

Could someone please describe the correct orientation of the oil pump/distributor drive bush (part no: 56405, I think).

The oil holes in the bush are in the centre of the narrow section of the stem and are in line with the groove in the face of bush.

It seems that when installed in the block, the narrow section of the stem is the same height as the oil gallery. I guess that the narrow section is to permit oil flow along the gallery between the long rear section and the short front section and that the oil holes are to lubricate the oil pump/distributor drive shaft.

However, when I removed mine so as to send the bare block for cleaning, I noted that the line in the face of the bush/holes in the narrow section were about 45 degrees off the line of the oil gallery. Before I reinstall mine, I was wondering if there is a correct orientation. I have failed to find anything in the manual although I note that in the parts book the line on the face of the bush appears very nearly in line with the oil gallery (difficult to tell from a line drawing). I have also been searching the web looking for pictures which seem to show the line in different orientations (varying from more or less in line to around 90 degrees).

If I am right about the function of the holes, the orientation may not matter too much as it looks as if most of the oil will go between the two sections of the gallery and some will find its way through the holes to lubricate the shaft whichever way the holes are facing; but if there is a right way, I would prefer to know at this stage, rather than later.

Many thanks.

Jonathan