What do we think of this?

Nice number plate, if you're into that sort of thing.

Assuming that the 7'700 mileage is from new, then I'm sure they'll be pricing it high because of that. Personally, I'd never want to buy a car like that, because the value (at least as the seller sees it) is in the low mileage, which is not something I'd want.

Cheers, Darren

MoT history check indicates 2168 miles in the past 11 years, hardly worth owning a car for that mileage, couple of hundred per annum.

Mind you, back in the 70s in my wine trade days I had a customer who kept his vintage Bentley and Bugatti in the lounge, preferring them to armchairs for seating purposes . . . . he'd look down on the Bugatti from above in the Bentley.

The French doors were large, which at least allowed exhaust fumes out when he fancied a bit of late evening throttle blipping after a few whiskies. The strident rasp of a Bugatti at full chat carries one heck of a long way on a quiet evening, especially from a location well up a long slope. The Bentley was at least more muted. Not that neighbours complained, not with a loaded over-and-under on the Bentley bonnet in case of intruders. Happy days.

Cheers

Alec

Morning Boys, this car is in Norfolk, I have seen it . But never took much notice, as I thought it was a bit Flash with a private plate, each to their own !

I heard the plate was up for sale, but didn't realise it was also the car.

I wonder what the asking price is.

Have a good day,

Conrad.

Ps. Alec , wouldn't that have been a loaded side by side in those days !!??

No Conrad,

there was a loaded sawn-off side by side clipped alongside the side scuttle of each, by your right knee and conveniently to hand - the old boy was a bit nervous about having his precious cars hijacked on the road and liked to have an anti-theft device about his person, as it were. He reckoned it was a lot more effective than waving a Krooklok if the need arose.

40 years ago a knighted Deputy Lieutenant of the County could still get away with stuff like that. And with having a couple of drums of Avgas and methanol in the garage for his hillclimb car, sufficient to scatter the house half a mile if it had ever gone up.

Then we got into stuff like H&S and IRA terrorism and the ball park changed.

Cheers

Alec

You certainly have known some interesting characters,

Sorry to way lay the post Tim....

Talking of 12 Bores, my Dad always made sure he way cleaning his , when prospective boyfriends arrived to collect one of my three sisters, one eventually proposed and married my middle sister, he did confess that he was Sh.T Scared !!!

Good old Dad,

Conrad.

Seems strange at 7k miles the dizzy is wrong as is the alternator and Injector pipes in stainless braided.

Mmmnn.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

to name but a few Harry. A lot more to add to your list. I wonder WHY

ROY

I think the ad does give the impression that it's only done that many miles from new. That's certainly the way I initially read it, but then I did wonder.

If it is only from rebuild, which is probably the case, then no doubt it's the plate that they'll charge a high price for.

Yes, looks a very nice car but the Plate must be worth a lot, If it was TR5 not 5TR then £10K Plus for the plate alone I reckon :o

Edited by Gary Flinn

Seems strange at 7k miles the dizzy is wrong as is the alternator and Injector pipes in stainless braided.

Mmmnn.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

I was wondering about the braided injector lines.

Took them off my 6

Clive (Manvers) was explicit: the car would not run right, constantly, with these on. Something about the inner lining being/going soft resulting in intermittent irregular fuel flow

If this car had 7,700 miles from new, would centre laced chrome wires have been fitted from new aswell?

Doug

Very unlikely.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Car & owner well know in East Anglia. From what I have seen in the flesh it is an excellent car, and well looked after. Some non original parts but nothing unusual in that. The owner, a very decent chap, has a very busy and successful business that leaves little time to enjoy his TR, hence I suspect the low mileage. Of course it has been restored, few if any TR5's have not had a full or at least a substantial restoration at some point. I do not understand the nit picking criticisms - it is a super car, on the road, well maintained and I applaud that.