TR6 traffic rear camera.

I have a traffic camera on the TR6 purely to record in case of an accident. It works well with no problems. It came with an additional camera for a simultaneous rearview recording which I repeatedly consider fitting but cannot come up with a suitable location on the car to mount it. The car is a soft top that is hardly ever up and there is no roll cage to mount it on

Anyone have one fitted to the rear of a 6, and where have you mounted it?

Alan

I have a traffic camera on the TR6 purely to record in case of an accident. It works well with no problems. It came with an additional camera for a simultaneous rearview recording which I repeatedly consider fitting but cannot come up with a suitable location on the car to mount it. The car is a soft top that is hardly ever up and there is no roll cage to mount it on

Anyone have one fitted to the rear of a 6, and where have you mounted it?

Alan

You could make up a bracket to go under the rear hood mounting bar so it sits behind the hood and looks across the rear deck, it would have to be slightly offset to miss the filler cap. Use one of the bolts that holds the rear bar down, the bracket would have to be slightly "Z" shaped and something like 18SWG plate.

Stuart.

Stuart,

That has got me thinking, perhaps a thin metal strip under the boot seal so that the cameral sits near the boot lock, could then be fitted without any bodywork damage.

Thanks,

Alan

The location I pointed out before would be OK as you could rubber coat the lower side to prevent damage, where your suggesting would be far too prone to vibration and would do more paint damage.

Stuart.