Aero screens on a tr3a

• 4 months later...

I have the Brooklands type on my late 3A and the feet are close to the edge of the capping and with the screen vent in the centre equally spaced to each foot. Note

that I fitted rubber flaps to the base of the screens to prevent rainwater coming underneath.

how do you fit the rubber seal to the bottom of the screen?

The rubber is glued into a black plastic U channel which in turn is fixed to the bottom of the screen with double-sided adhesive tape - you should be able to see it in the photo in post12. The U channel is about 5mm x 5mm with a flat bottom and came from the local DIY emporium.

(1000th post - Whoo hoo !)

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't the original glass have a manufacturers mark and grade indication? Like TripleX safety glass or something like that?

s-l1600.jpg

I can't recall ever having seen a known original aeroscreen glass that didn't have the maker's mark, which suggests to me that any plain glass may well be a reproduction of some description . . . . . though whether that's a modern repro or one from half a century ago is another question !

Cheers

Alec