Rattle Can Job

I've owned my Aug 69 '6' for 45 years this month, it was nearly 3 years old when I bought it, and had two previous owners. I used it for a few years as a second car, and then left it in the garage for many years unused when the children appeared (still havn't discovered where they came from!)

Well it's a runner, it's never been what people call 'Restored' I've just sort of maintained it. In1996 I awoke it from a long sleep, and use it once in a while to keep it alive, it only gets to do a couple of hundred miles a year of short trips.

During the recent hot spell (rare) I noticed the rear valance below the bumper was looking a bit crusty. Back in 1988 I had the whole car resprayed in it's original 19 white cellulose. The chap who painted it got carried away with the black stone chip bless him, and did the bottom of the rear wings and the up to the swage line of the rear valance!!! He mean't well, but I hated that it wasn't original...anyway it was flaking off, so I rubbed it all off, primed and resprayed it using a Rattle Cans...Turned out nice I thought ?

post-8693-0-85235900-1501082466_thumb.jpg

post-8693-0-19904600-1501082529_thumb.jpg

I used it for a few years as a second car, and then left it in the garage for many years unused when the children appeared (still havn't discovered where they came from!)

Could have been the postman...lol

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do

Interesting body to chassis fit :rolleyes:

Is it a bit too packed? Well, it's how the man on the assemble line did it, so it must be Beautiful...or maybe a Friday? ;)

Nice Denis,

Was it the 2K rattle can or single component?

Waldi

Moss Europe. Classic Car Colours 400ml can 16 GBP. I applied 8 light coats, then 2 heavier ones as top coat.