BATTERY TRAY PANELS

Unlikely, unless you really have nothing I tend to repair whats there.

Stuart.

I've found its actually the plastic battery box which traps moisture between the base of the box and the panel which causes the base panel to rot through.

When I removed mine recently the moisture had bubbled the paint and caused rust spots to appear. I'd have thought the battery stood on a couple of bits of 1/2" batten might be a better idea and allow the air to circulate.

Edited by boxofbits

I used to have a plastic battery box liner on my 3A but I wasn't happy with it as it would hold water and did not drain away.

I fabricated this frame which keeps the battery suspended from the battery box and allows any water to drain away.

It works for me anyway. I suppose I'll be shot down in flames by the usual detractors!

Not that my TR will ever hit the road ever again!

Tom.

I used to have a plastic battery box liner on my 3A but I wasn't happy with it as it would hold water and did not drain away.

I fabricated this frame which keeps the battery suspended from the battery box and allows any water to drain away.

It works for me anyway. I suppose I'll be shot down in flames by the usual detractors!

Not that my TR will ever hit the road ever again!

Tom.

attachicon.gifIMG_0764 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0760 - Copy.JPG

+1 on the creation of a cradle to lift the battery off the battery box floor.

I did the two strips of wood trick years ago, your solution is so much more neat and tidy - so why will the car not hit the road again Tom?

Peter W

Tom. I can't believe you have lost all interest in your lovely 3A, or you would not be on here, often giving good advice to others.

I would hope that in time you will finish it of, & bring it along to an IWE so we can all see it, & you.

Bob.

+ 3 Tom,

We need you to press on with this car we've seen snatches on, make next years IWE a definite date for it's debut with forum members, if I were closer I'd be bugging you to help.

Regards Mick Richards

Sometimes the cars are insignificant.

When you are ready the car will always be there and help to focus your mind elsewhere.

regards Roy