TR5 v The Rest !

Evening Chaps,

I was lucky enough to be on the latest Practical Classics Shoot.

It's now out in the August Edition and the write up by Nigel Clark, is something Different, very well put together.

Well worth a read and The TR shows up very well against the opposition.

See what you think.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Thank you for the kind remarks, and a big thank you to Conrad for bringing his lovely '5 to our photo shoot last month. I hope everyone here enjoys Practical Classics' celebration of the TR5's big birthday. If you haven't seen it yet, please buy a copy of the August issue then turn to p66 and see how the TR5 compares to an MG C and a big Healey.

I can't take too much credit for the feature. Matt Howell's photography is stunning as always and the PC editorial team have done a great job of turning the raw words and photos into a fitting tribute to the '5.

Nigel

Conrad, yep saw this, had I known you were to become famous and shake off the reputation of a lord of the land I'd have got your autograph. Well done buddy hope this won't go to your head.. btw has your photo being retouched to highlight your charming demeanor.....

I've just downloaded the digital version and the app keeps on cutting out. However, read enough of the TR5 v MGC article to be impressed by the comparison and great photos of your car Conrad. Way back in May 2002, my 5 was featured in an article in Practical Classics comparing it with other early injection cars such as Covettes, Datsuns, Volvos and Fords at Brands Hatch and my car was voted by PC's Kevin Leaper as the one he most wanted to take home with him! Just as well John Surtees didn't bring his Gullwing along....

John

I agree , it's not the usual TR5 Blurb.....a good effort was made to make the article interesting, all I had to do was Fully Restore the car and then Polish it. !

Thanks for you kind comments Lads, it was a scorching hot day and good fun,

Cheers,

Conrad.