OMG......this is SO wrong in every respect

What on earth so offends your eyes?

Pinto engine, but you cabn't see that, unless you look for it.

Your signature includes an Austin 7 racer, so grossly cut-down and modified beyond anything that Herbert Austin would never have recognised as to be beyond any alteration to that poor, innocent TR2!

Whats wrong?

JOhn

No problems for me, not pretending to be anything than what it is, just a look a like in plastic.

Mick Richards

Drop a 4 pot Triumph engine in and it would make a great Hill Climb car!, You'd have to run in modified but the Power/Weight ratio would be good, and you could keep whatever gearbox and running gear its got as that free in Class 3. You wouldn't get near building a competition TR2 for probably 2-3 times the asking price!

Alan

What on earth so offends your eyes?

Pinto engine, but you cabn't see that, unless you look for it.

Your signature includes an Austin 7 racer, so grossly cut-down and modified beyond anything that Herbert Austin would never have recognised as to be beyond any alteration to that poor, innocent TR2!

Whats wrong?

JOhn

I think that might be a Wragg Special - I'm green with envy.

Peter

......but not brave enough

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Personally, I just don't get why anyone would want to build a car that looks like a TR, but can only ever be worth a fraction of what it probably cost to build. - Especially when an 'original' can still be bought for sensible money.

I have built lots of specials over the years, but they have ALL been totally unique and not copies of something that already exists in large numbers.

However, when an 'original' is both rare and comes with a multi-million price tag, I see why a replica make sense. There are some fantastic 'replicas' out there, such as -D-Types, C-Types, DBR 1's etc. - In fact, I came EXTREMELY close to buying one of these last year: http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/

As for the car that's for sale on ebay..................It makes an interesting debate.

Each to his own!

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Its a good stepping stone to future purchase. I had Marlin kit cars for many years as they were all I could afford at the time and I had as much fun with them as I am now having with my TR3a. If it is built on Ford components I imagine it would be great fun to drive.

Menno van Rij 2 said:

“…Copying is the highest form of flattery…”

Well…

Urrrrm……

Not always…..

That is not what Peter Morgan said to me when I drove my prototype Burlington SS down to Malvern to show him…

What he actually said was :

“I won’t allow you to do this!!!”

My reply was:

“I’m not here to ask your permission. I’m here to show you what I’m about to do.”

(Arrogant kid that I was in those days…)

My legal adviser told me that once I showed him my creation he only had a few months to take me to court to stop me doing it.

I built about 120 Burlington SS kits before I moved on…

(My cars DID NOT have doors...Morgans DID have doors...)

After a year or two I decide that I’d rather do my own thing.

So I designed a car called the Burlington Arrow.

Charlie D.

(Fulll name Haydn [Charlie] Davies.)

After a year or two I decide that I’d rather do my own thing.

So I designed a car called the Burlington Arrow.

Charlie D.

(Fulll name Haydn [Charlie] Davies.)

Ha ha I still have the plans in a file in my loft. Never did get round to building one :(